My Setup, first 48hours with the PRO

Hulle Sack

Have the Pro extensively tested, it's connected via Ethernet and hangs together with my HTPC on an unmanaged switch. Via coax to the SMSL SU-6 DAC and further to the Yamaha AX-497. Two pairs of speakers connected, mainly I use my Heco Metas- but also, depending on the music style, my Infinity Alpha-speaker.

Tidal Connect works flawlessly (as previously also with my two WiiM Minis), the WiiM app will be better and beter, great. With PowerAmp I can wonderfully stream local tracks via Chromecast (gapless), DLNA with Bubble UPnP, Hifi-Cast, Neutron from the NAS (MinimServer) to the PRO - everything works perfectly with small exception: The PRO is ready for streaming after switching on as a DLNA- and Cromecast- device, but after a while no longer as a DLNA client in the network available (the apps don't find the PRO as a DLNA-device), only after it was once de-energized, it emerges as a DLNA client again. As a Chromecast device, however, the PRO is always available (UPDATE 2023/03/04: This issue was solved by using another network-switch). Due to the fact, that I can use also the WiiM-app instead of Bubble etc., I am very satisfied so far, an excellent device. Also, I think it will be fixed in the future.

Last edited:
Have the Pro extensively tested, it's connected via Ethernet and hangs together with my HTPC on an unmanaged switch. Via coax to the SMSL SU-6 DAC and further to the Yamaha AX-497. Two pairs of speakers connected, mainly I use my Heco Metas- but also, depending on the music style, my Infinity Alpha-speaker.

Tidal Connect works flawlessly (as previously also with my two WiiM Minis), the WiiM app will be better and beter, great. With PowerAmp I can wonderfully stream local tracks via Chromecast (gapless), DLNA with Bubble UPnP, Hifi-Cast, Neutron from the NAS (MinimServer) to the PRO - everything works perfectly with small exception: The PRO is ready for streaming after switching on as a DLNA- and Cromecast- device, but after a while no longer as a DLNA client in the network available (the apps don't find the PRO as a DLNA-device), only after it was once de-energized, it emerges as a DLNA client again. As a Chromecast device, however, the PRO is always available. Due to the fact, that I can use also the WiiM-app instead of Bubble etc., I am very satisfied so far, an excellent device. Also, I think it will be fixed in the future.
Do you have a picture of your setup?

Back