Output Cables Needed?

kjvoodoo

I’m positive this is a less than smart question, but have not found the reason while researching… if the WiiM Pro will only be used for streaming Apple Music over Airplay 2 via Wi-Fi network AND the integrated amp (Emotiva BasX TA1) has Bluetooth, are output cables necessary? And if so - which would provide the best sound quality (Line Out RCAs), Coaxial, or Optical? Appreciate your time.

I believe anything Bluetooth is limited in bits. The purpose of the Wiim in my opinion is the ability to be bit perfect.

Thank you - that resonates with me. Is there a consensus (even minimally) on best connection (Line Out, Coaxial, Optical)?

Optical or coaxial into an external DAC/ amp seems to be the consensus - I can’t see why there would be any difference in the bit perfect signal transmitted by coaxial or optical, but no doubt someone will claim a difference. Do what sounds best to your ears and listening environment.

Optical or coaxial into an external DAC/ amp seems to be the consensus - I can’t see why there would be any difference in the bit perfect signal transmitted by coaxial or optical, but no doubt someone will claim a difference. Do what sounds best to your ears and listening environment.
I think the more you spend on a cable whether it is optical or coaxial the bits that were perfect when they left the WiiM just become more perfect ;)

I appreciate all of the responses… so No to Line Out (RCA) and Yes to either Coaxial or Optical (no discernible difference), just spend more to improve the sound. Thanks again.

I appreciate all of the responses… so No to Line Out (RCA) and Yes to either Coaxial or Optical (no discernible difference), just spend more to improve the sound. Thanks again.
I was joking about the cost. Just buy sensibly priced cables but do note that some coaxial cables don’t fit the Pro. Search here and you will find some examples

No, not spend more on cables to improve the sound - bit perfect is bit perfect is bit perfect. By all means improve the DAC as much as you can afford, but don’t waste money on expensive cables - while they might look and feel better, they’ll not do a better job than cheaper cables in my experience.

But back to the original question, which might have become moot by now - can the pro output a received airplay signal over bluetooth?

But back to the original question, which might have become moot by now - can the pro output a received airplay signal over bluetooth?
If I send an airplay signal and want it out through BT then I’d send it from said apple device straight through BT receiving headphones, no need for the WIIM. Or am I missing something?

If I send an airplay signal and want it out through BT then I’d send it from said apple device straight through BT receiving headphones, no need for the WIIM. Or am I missing something?
I thought exactly that but then I thought perhaps the OP wants the BT speakers/headphones as the permanent WiiM output i.e. no matter what or how he feeds the WiiM

The OP was confused, but this group was very helpful. I am no longer using WiiM to stream via BT, and am hooked up with the SPDIF Opt. Thanks to all.

Back