No connectivity and app constantly says device not found

eac500pilot

I am severly disappointed with the amp. Connecting to Klipsh RP600M II and for about 2 hours since Dec 23 they have played music from the amp. Otherwise, no connectivity or WEAK signal when every other device in a 10 ft radius shows EXCELLENT conection. Tells me to unplug it and reboot it everytime I turn it on. App is slooooooow and non responsive.
Any others experiencing similar connection problems?

Have you submitted a ticket to WiiM via the settings/feedback section in the app so they can inspect your device logs for clues?

I just recieved my wiim amp yesterday and when setting up device cannot be found. My phone connects with the remote and sees the amp, but when in setup mode device not found

I just recieved my wiim amp yesterday and when setting up device cannot be found. My phone connects with the remote and sees the amp, but when in setup mode device not found
Initial connection to the amp is thru Bluetooth after which it connects to your home network. Also, if using Ethernet between your Amp and router, is your phone connected to the same subnet over wifi?

That makes sense, I can connect to phone bluetooth. But then as you stated it will not connect to my wifi. When I go into my phone settings to verify internet connection on phone it shows my phone connected to my wifi, but has my wiim as another available network

How are you trying to connect your amp - via Ethernet wired to your router, or via wifi? And what do you mean by your “WiiM as another available network”? Could you post screenshots please?

Sorry not at home so no screen shot, but trying to connect wireless router other room. When I look on my phone to make sure my wifi is on my network it shows other available networks, wiim being another. Thanks for the help

I haven’t seen that, but then again I haven’t looked to check my phone’s available networks during setup outside the WiiM app. I’ll not be at home for a few hours either but if you could post screenshots when you are, that may help.

Sorry not at home so no screen shot, but trying to connect wireless router other room. When I look on my phone to make sure my wifi is on my network it shows other available networks, wiim being another. Thanks for the help
Wiim streaming modules have a hotspot function and will broadcast a SSID. The SSID does not broadcast when the wiim is connected to your home network.

I have in the past, on a31 based modules, used this to manually setup the device and input my WiFi's details, you can try that assuming the a97/98 modules the wiims are based on behave the same. Worth a go.

However if you are having issues with discovery of you home wifi there may be issues with connectivity longer term.

Thank you for all your help. Came home and reboot my amp, app, and router. Worked great! Except no audio though amp with TV. Can connect Spotify through TV and get sound....using optical cable.

Back