PEQ - don’t make the perfect the enemy of the good - can you add any more bands at all?

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
It looks like WiiM will not be able to up the number of bands of PEQ to 8 for the Mini (it remains on the route map for the other steamers, but has disappeared from the Mini’s).

That’s a shame, but quite understandable.

But please, please, please, don’t get into the mindset of “If we can’t manage 8, we’ll just stick at 4”.

How about 7? Or 6, or even 5?

What about a bit more flexibility with the filter types?

I have several headphones, and I don’t think any need more than 5 bands of PEQ, so if all you can do is add just one more, that’d still be fantastic.

I know we’d have liked 8, but as the thread title says, please don’t make the perfect the enemy of the good.

Thank you.

Our RC works in 10-band now. We'll release the 10-band PEQ when we release RC feature. Please stay tuned!

The news just gets better and better.

It may appear ungrateful to ask for more, but I’ll give it a go.

When you increase the number of bands, can you increase the flexibility as to what they’re used for (high/low shelf, peak, high/low pass).

I can’t think of a reason to have more than one ‘at each end’ to be high/low pass (though others might), but it’d be great to be able to have two or more shelving filters at each end.

In an ideal world, complete flexibility, with a choice between any filter type on every band, but I appreciate that might not be possible.

On a personal note, one of my headphones requires both a low shelf and high shelf filter, whilst another requires two low shelf filters. So I need two at each end.

I’ve again, many, many thanks.

Our RC works in 10-band now. We'll release the 10-band PEQ when we release RC feature. Please stay tuned!
a left and right differentiated or not...at least on the peq.. ?

but I repeat my question... :
at what level of resolution do these corrections-calculations take place?

Back