12V trigger not working

paulzhere

Hi

I have a WiiM Pro that connects via Toslink out to my amp. I have also connected the 12V trigger out to my amp. However, the trigger doesn't seem to be functional. Whenever I play something via the app or via Chromecast, the amp does not turn on through the trigger (as I presume it should?). The same amp behaves perfectly and is triggered on using my Marantz pre/pro. So it is definitely not an issue with the trigger input of the amp. Do I need to change some setting in the WiiM app to enable its trigger functionality? Or it it possible that my unit is faulty? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

P.S. I hope this question hasn't been asked before. I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer in any of the associated topics.

Here is a verified (by me) solution that works for Europe:

- Audiophonics IEC power switch: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-...v-230v-slave-power-supply-device-p-10661.html.
- @Ton Zandbergen ’s trigger finger: https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/12-volt-trigger-out.814/post-25049

Connect these up and the Wiim Pro trigger is now working perfectly for me.

I got the Audiophonics power switch today but unfortunately it won't fit in my receiver, as the receiver surprisingly has only 2 'teeth' (i don't know how you call those) instead of the 3 on the audiophonics. I hadn't even thought of that possibility yet as most power cords i've used have 3. marantz back.png
I know you're not the helpdesk on this :') but are there adapters or an Audiophonics alternative that would make me be able to use the Wiim trigger on this receiver?
I saw Ton Zandbergen's trigger finger but isn't that a DIY solution?

I got the Audiophonics power switch today but unfortunately it won't fit in my receiver, as the receiver surprisingly has only 2 'teeth' (i don't know how you call those) instead of the 3 on the audiophonics. I hadn't even thought of that possibility yet as most power cords i've used have 3. View attachment 4133
I know you're not the helpdesk on this :') but are there adapters or an Audiophonics alternative that would make me be able to use the Wiim trigger on this receiver?
How is your power cord terminated? Would something like this adapter work?

1703087249221.jpeg

Yes — to clarify what I posted, you WILL also need Ton’s adapter to make the Audiophonics work with the Wiim Pro, due to Wiim’s utter failure to deliver a working trigger feature. I just wanted to post a known-working setup, however convoluted, given official information on this is non-existent.

But it’s very straightforward to put the adapter in ahead of the trigger cable, and the DIY part is all low voltage so there’s nothing risky going on.

Yes — to clarify what I posted, you WILL also need Ton’s adapter to make the Audiophonics work with the Wiim Pro, due to Wiim’s utter failure to deliver a working trigger feature. I just wanted to post a known-working setup, however convoluted, given official information on this is non-existent.

But it’s very straightforward to put the adapter in ahead of the trigger cable, and the DIY part is all low voltage so there’s nothing risky going on.
Cheers. I got in touch with Ton and am exploring the options now. Thanks for the tip

I will add my 3 cents to this thread.
I'm using WiiM Pro Plus with Apollon NCx500 ST Amp. WiiM doesn't trigger the amp.

I 'm using 2,5 mm to 3,5 mm adapter and 3,5mm mono cable.

I checked voltage on the end of 3,5 mm cable and it's 0.
What can be wrong ?

Adapter and cable looks ok. I checked that they conduct electricity.

Back