Ability to search UPNP music servers

Agreed. I have a large datebase of music on Home Music Server and it is really frustrating to not have the ability to search that music.

WiiM app lacks the ability to search UPNP servers shown under Home Music Server or Universal Search. Other UPNP control apps like BubbleUPNP, Linn Kazoo/Kinsky etc support such a search
Hi Brantome, Bob54K, we felt the same pain as you when using the UPNP servers. There're a few improvements we're currently working on. We'll add the search and some other features by the end of this year. Please stay tuned!

Also don't forget to find a fix for Kodi (Libreelec) upnp server with mini,just skips songs from that server and nothing play,
Thanks 🙏

Hi Brantome, Bob54K, we felt the same pain as you when using the UPNP servers. There're a few improvements we're currently working on. We'll add the search and some other features by the end of this year. Please stay tuned!
Hi, I hope you will also add the ability to add an album/folder/artist to the current playlist

Hi, I hope you will also add the ability to add an album/folder/artist to the current playlist
Thanks for your great suggestions. It's in our to-do-list. Besides these, we'll enable it to use as the preset and music alarm source.

After new firmware streaming from Kodi (libreelec) still not possible,just skips songs to the end of folder,i will wait for new firmware and fix,i hope :)
Thanks!

Any news regarding search implementation?

Seems strange, I'm using an IOS device and search doesnt provide any match on my NAS, anythink I'm missing ?

Seems strange, I'm using an IOS device and search doesnt provide any match on my NAS, anythink I'm missing ?
What about if you select your nas share, and use the search in the top right?
(Well, there's another search icon there in the android app.)

only music services results, nothing from the NAS
That is strange, 'cos when I use the top right search in the music share screen I *only* get nas ras results, no music service results.
The only way for me to get results across both is to be in the music share screen and use the search on the bottom bar.

I've just been using the universal search on the bottom bar and I get results from my music servers, but not from my Synology NAS Media Server service which appears not to support search (bubbleupnp informed me of that). Maybe it depends what you have running on the NAS and whether that supports external search

I've just been using the universal search on the bottom bar and I get results from my music servers, but not from my Synology NAS Media Server service which appears not to support search (bubbleupnp informed me of that). Maybe it depends what you have running on the NAS and whether that supports external search
I'm using a Synology Media Server and DS Audio (Synology app) do have a search feature that works, why it doesnt on Wiim App ?

I'm using a Synology Media Server and DS Audio (Synology app) do have a search feature that works, why it doesnt on Wiim App ?
That's what doesn't work for me - I used the bubbleupnp app earlier and as I say above it gave me an error to say that the Synology share didn't support search. I'll have a google around and see if I can find any other info on it, but perhaps you could consider something like MinimServer or AssetUPNP on your NAS - I do and they are both searchable.

You may want to consider trying a search then submitting a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section on the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device log to see what the Synology NAS replies when asked to search. Having a search in the DS Audio app is one thing, that doesn't necessarily mean it supports external searches.

This is an example of where UPnP is problematic. There are literally hundreds of different implementations and most differ from each other in some way or another.
Synology's own app works because it was written by Synology to work specifically with their own implementation. It probably wouldn't work with a QNAP for example.

It is one of the reasons why Roon and LMS are so highly regarded by the Audiophile community - neither try to be UPnP but use their own protocols that just work and both support Hi-Res from various sources. HiFi shouldn't be about trying to make things work with one another it should be about enjoying the music.

Back