Adding to current playlist

mlsstl

I just bought a Wiim Mini. It set up quickly, but I'm puzzled by one aspect of the software. I've searched though the forum posts and didn't see much on the subject.

First, some background. I've been a LMS (Logitech Media Server) user for over two decades and have several players, all which works fine for me. However my wife finds the system confusing and she doesn't like it. So I bought the Mini as an option for her, hoping that it will make our nice stereo easier for her to use.

When I select an album to play, all starts up fine and it plays well. However, I can't find any way to add other songs or albums to the current queue. It either seems to stop the current album and replace it, or offers an option to build a separate playlist. This seems like a fairly glaring oversight. I want to be able to compose playlists while on the go. Am I missing something?

And a minor corollary to this, once an album is being played, it repeats endlessly. I've have not found a setting with which to turn this off.

Have to say, while the initial setup was easy enough, I'm not finding things real intuitive at this point.

You could try another app, such as mconnect or bubbleupnp.
Both free to try, I believe. Ads and other limitations until you buy.
I think bubble cost me A$10, so practically nothing compared to what hi fi costs....

fyi, one of the main limitations with free bubble is a 16 track playlist.
Good enough to try out if it suits you, but also a good enough reason to need to buy it!

Thanks. Will look into those. And, when I went to turn off the stereo so I could cook dinner this evening, I also discovered there is apparently no way to clear the play queue. Looks like you can only replace it with other tracks. This seems like really basic stuff that's been overlooked. Either that, or they've done an excellent job of hiding very basic functions!

I agree with @mlsstl that WiiM definitely need to give some love and attention to their app, especially as far as queues and playlists go. We should be able to add entire albums to a play queue or playlist in one move, not track-by-track only. And, yes, we should have the ability to empty the queue as well.

Seems like a no-brainer request to me. (And, no, the solution shouldn't be "use mconnect instead".)

I have been requesting these features since last year also. WiiM seems more fixated on adding obscure streaming services than making the app useful and user friendly. We need more users requesting these features to get it done. Even deleting the play queue is still a one by one process. It is really painful to do this with a large play queue.. I don't understand the reasons things like this are not yet implemented.

I have been requesting these features since last year also. WiiM seems more fixated on adding obscure streaming services than making the app useful and user friendly. We need more users requesting these features to get it done. Even deleting the play queue is still a one by one process. It is really painful to do this with a large play queue.. I don't understand the reasons things like this are not yet implemented.
Seems like a simple ask, right?

Back