Alexa support in Wiim Mini broken

jeromeof

Major Contributor
I have an Amazon Prime Music (not unlimited) subscription and it seems like the latest changes Amazon have done have broken Alexa for the Wiim Mini. I used to have the Wiim in a Speaker group with an Echo Show but now unless I remove the Wiim from the group I cannot request anything from Amazon Prime music.

This might not be a direct issue with the Wiim Mini - but the effect of these changes Amazon have made to Music (and Alexa) have definitely stopped the Wiim Mini being useful as an Alexa Speaker.

Maybe the Wiim Team can talk to their Amazon contacts to say that Alexa effectively doesn't work anymore with the Wiim Mini

I have an Amazon Prime Music (not unlimited) subscription and it seems like the latest changes Amazon have done have broken Alexa for the Wiim Mini. I used to have the Wiim in a Speaker group with an Echo Show but now unless I remove the Wiim from the group I cannot request anything from Amazon Prime music.

This might not be a direct issue with the Wiim Mini - but the effect of these changes Amazon have made to Music (and Alexa) have definitely stopped the Wiim Mini being useful as an Alexa Speaker.

Maybe the Wiim Team can talk to their Amazon contacts to say that Alexa effectively doesn't work anymore with the Wiim Mini
Have you tried logging out of both Alexa and Amazon Music in the WiiM app and re linking again? Have you submitted a bug report to WiiM?

Have you tried logging out of both Alexa and Amazon Music in the WiiM app and re linking again? Have you submitted a bug report to WiiM?
Yes, I have logged out and back in again. I haven't submitted a bug to WiiM as I imagine they would probably say its amazon's fault (and they wouldn't be wrong), especially as it works fine with the Wiim in a speaker group if you use the Alexa App directly, what is broken is using an Echo Speaker to trigger Alexa to play anything.

Yes, I have logged out and back in again. I haven't submitted a bug to WiiM as I imagine they would probably say its amazon's fault (and they wouldn't be wrong), especially as it works fine with the Wiim in a speaker group if you use the Alexa App directly, what is broken is using an Echo Speaker to trigger Alexa to play anything.
It’a definitely worth your while (and a service to other WiiM users) if you report it to WiiM so they can inspect your device logs. They have very close contacts with the developers in Amazon Music (which is why WiiM supports Amazon Music so well) and I’m sure they’ll be able to identify the issue and hopefully resolve it. If it’s an Amazon bug, they’ll be able to relate that back with hopefully an ETA for its resolution.

Hi Jeromeof, it will be highly appreciated if you can send us a feedback from WiiM Home App so we can have your device log. We can't reproduce this issue from our side. Which version of Echo show you have?

Hi Wiim Support,

The problem outlined above sounds similar or the same as an issue I have. I've just sent a message to you in via your pop-up chat. Apologies for that, I should have inputted here...

So I have two Wiim devices, a Pro and a Mini. Mini was working well with Alexa voice control for over a month. I then bought a Pro (via US Amazon->UK) and set that up to work with Alexa too. That also authorised and worked well, however I can now no longer see the Mini listed as a device in the ALexa App and Voice control won't work. I have tried lots of things to sort this - reset the Wiim Mini, changed it's name, restarted alexa devices, restarted router, searched for devices in the Alexa app, etc. No joy. To confirm, both devices are authorised in the Wiim app to work with Alexa.

Any help appreciated. If you need 'feedback from WiiM Home App so we can have your device log' as above, please let me know how to do that.

Hi Wiim Support,

The problem outlined above sounds similar or the same as an issue I have. I've just sent a message to you in via your pop-up chat. Apologies for that, I should have inputted here...

So I have two Wiim devices, a Pro and a Mini. Mini was working well with Alexa voice control for over a month. I then bought a Pro (via US Amazon->UK) and set that up to work with Alexa too. That also authorised and worked well, however I can now no longer see the Mini listed as a device in the ALexa App and Voice control won't work. I have tried lots of things to sort this - reset the Wiim Mini, changed it's name, restarted alexa devices, restarted router, searched for devices in the Alexa app, etc. No joy. To confirm, both devices are authorised in the Wiim app to work with Alexa.

Any help appreciated. If you need 'feedback from WiiM Home App so we can have your device log' as above, please let me know how to do that.
Hi there,

You can send the feedback on the WiiM Home App by selecting the Settings tab > Feedback. It'll send your device log so we can troubleshoot this issue quicker. Thank you for your patience and support.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I’ve just submitted a log via t
Hi there,

You can send the feedback on the WiiM Home App by selecting the Settings tab > Feedback. It'll send your device log so we can troubleshoot this issue quicker. Thank you for your patience and support.

Hi Wiim Support, I've not received a response to my log submission yet. How long does that usually take?

Hi LibraryDetective,

Sorry for our late reply. I’ll follow up with our engineers and get back to you within the next two days. Please stay tuned. My apologies and thank you for your patience.
Hi

My Wiim Mini is now listed in my Alexa App. Woohoo! Not quite sure how this was fixed, but I deleted all my Sonos products from the Alexa App and then tried to authorise the Wiim Mini with Alexa through the Wiim App and after that the Mini was listed in the Alexa App for the first time since it disappeared weeks ago. Not sure if the Sonos change was coincidental. I have submitted a feedback log through the Wiim App in case that's helpful.

Thanks for the help trying to fix this.

Last edited:
Back