Amazon fire tablet support

Works for me on both my Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 plus otherwise I wouldn’t have suggested that…
Yeah, it's a Fire HD 8. G-play blocks from installing and the downloaded apk fails with a parsing error. It could be that the latest version that does not work. I need to find an older version to try.

Me too, but no harm in trying.
I wouldn’t waste my time trying tbh. Navigation aside, the WiiM android app doesn’t support landscape mode so unless you also want to mess around with screen rotation apps, all you’d get is a small vertical portrait image in the middle of your landscape tv screen…

I wouldn’t waste my time trying tbh. Navigation aside, the WiiM android app doesn’t support landscape mode so unless you also want to mess around with screen rotation apps, all you’d get is a small vertical portrait image in the middle of your landscape tv screen…

You’re just being defeatist. He could turn him telly round 90° to portrait mode. ;)

The landscape mode is doing my head in on my Fire's. I've put the rotation app on but sometimes it goes haywire and I end up with the Wiim app side on or upside down. Worse still when I navigate out of the app, my dashboard is then also 90 degrees in the wrong direction. It never happened with Sonos - just saying ;). I'm not meaning to trash Wiim but IMHO it would be nice to get the basics like apps right before tarting about with room correction etc. I'd have thought something like landscape mode would be pretty much considered low hanging fruit for the devs to add and tick off the list of feature requests.

Back