Amazon music Unlimited

Maurizio

Major Contributor
Hi to all
The AMU App, after the latest updates has become crazy. It's a hassle to handle it.
Can anyone suggest me a valid App to use instead of the native Amazon App perhaps for Android and IOS?
BUPnP would have been perfect, but unfortunately it only supports Qobuz and Tidal.
Something similar that supports AMU?
I tried searching on the net, but no luck. Maybe I've got my search terms wrong.
Don't tell me about WHA because at present it is too incomplete ( no sorting albums options; no album duration; no tracks duration beside any tracks and so on) and I don't use it
Thanks for any help

as far as it may concern, I tried to please myself AMU but lack of showing current playlist while casting, variable sampling rate and quality even inside the same album, app less reactive than others and unnaturally widen stereo image on most of old songs from 60, 70, 80 upsampled in hi-res (compared to Qobuz or Tidal hifi), made me sadly choice other...

I'm suddenly having a lot of issues with AMU to WiiM pro (via Alexa cast) . Play will stop after one track and not proceed to next. Then pressing skip, it starts the same track over and won't advance. Have to disconnect and reconnect.

Since 2/3 months Amazon app it’s a mess. I also have found in my library albums that i never put in the library.
Has become unusable. You tap an Album, it opens, but no track list. You have to close and reopen.
The App shut down by alone with no reason and so on.
I think i will leave and i’ll keep Qobuz

Since 2/3 months Amazon app it’s a mess. I also have found in my library albums that i never put in the library.
Has become unusable. You tap an Album, it opens, but no track list. You have to close and reopen.
The App shut down by alone with no reason and so on.
I think i will leave and i’ll keep Qobuz
Hi, I’m finding the latest version of the Android Amazon Music app to be quicker in operation and more stable than earlier versions - see https://wiim.community.forum/threads/amazon-still-drop-outs.666/post-7492

Hi, I’m finding the latest version of the Android Amazon Music app to be quicker in operation and more stable than earlier versions - see https://wiim.community.forum/threads/amazon-still-drop-outs.666/post-7492
Hi @Brantome
I don't know why but i'm still on version 23.2.2 of 27 February. May be they are late in Italy? Mhhhh but i see that another guy has not 23.3.2 but 23.3.1
so I'm 2 updates behind. I don't understand why. Even the Google store if I go to the App tells me Open and does not offer updates. Strange!
Could it be because my Android tablet is a Huawei? Could it be because of the ostracism that the United States has decreed against Huawey?
I also have an IPad, I had 23.3.1 there and going to the App it offered me to update and I did.
Opening AM settings and scrolling all the way down as version n° now gives me 23.3.1.131641. Still nothing 23.3.2
Today I will try the update I did.
Surely 23.3.1 sucked like the others.
I hope, when I get it, that 23.3.2 is really better

It occurred to me to do another check and I checked on the Samsung S20+.
There too I have version 23.3.2 from February 27th
So it seems that Huawei has nothing to do with it
Evidently in Italy we are the last
Damn them

Yeah, does look regional - I dug out an old Honor 10 and updated to the latest version I mentioned. It’s on Android 10 and is a few years old and certainly isn’t as smooth as my Moto, so maybe it performs better with a more powerful, more up to date phone with Android 12?

Yeah, does look regional - I dug out an old Honor 10 and updated to the latest version I mentioned. It’s on Android 10 and is a few years old and certainly isn’t as smooth as my Moto, so maybe it performs better with a more powerful, more up to date phone with Android 12?
I will do a try using AMU via my S20+. It has Android 13

Anyway it’s not a matter of smoothness. It’s a matter of Madness.
App that shut off by itself and so on

Back