Anyone know the sampling rate of the Pro's analog "line in" inputs? What are the specs of the Pros' internal analog-to-digital converter?

hoppy

For my WiiM Pro multi-room setup (2 WiiM Pros in two different rooms), I want to play a turntable in one room and listen to it in the other room.

So I want to output my turntable into the "line in" inputs in the Pro. The turntable is connected to a stereo preamp with a phono stage. I plan to do this by running a RCA interconnect from my stereo preamp "tape out" into the Pro's "line in" inputs. At that point, the Pro converts the analog signal into a digital signal to stream over to another Pro.

Does anyone know the specs of the Pro's internal A/D converter?

And what is the sample rate when the WiiM streams from one WiiM to another WiiM? Does it stream bit-perfect or does it downsample to not slow down the network?

And what is the sample rate when the WiiM streams from one WiiM to another WiiM? Does it stream bit-perfect or does it downsample to not slow down the network?
I think just now it’s airplay (although I may be wrong on that) and a max 24/48. I guess the future update on the roadmap of “multi room of hi res” might be a development to improve on that.

Does anyone know the specs of the Pro's internal A/D converter?
When I use wiim mini analog input, the external dac shows "48khz".
Not shure about bit depth, looking at audioscience review, the 120bB noise floor, could says 24bit but distortion is a little bit high...

Last edited:
Thank you, that doesn't surprise me. WiiM has stated in the Amazon product page Q&A section:

When streaming in the multi-room group, the Hi-Res audio will be down sampled to 16-bit/48kHz to save the network bandwidth.

Since the main use case for the WiiM "line in" is multi-room, there is no point in converting to a higher resolution in the WiiM's internal ADC only to have to downsample it to broadcast out over AirPlay 2.

The norm is 16/48 for a low spec ADC which is what I would expect the WiiM to operate at but it doesn't send Airplay at all. It isn't an Airplay transmitter as has been discussed multiple times. When it sends audio from Aux In my understanding is that it can only do so to another WiiM device and uses Linkplay's own protocol to do so.

The norm is 16/48 for a low spec ADC which is what I would expect the WiiM to operate at but it doesn't send Airplay at all. It isn't an Airplay transmitter as has been discussed multiple times. When it sends audio from Aux In my understanding is that it can only do so to another WiiM device and uses Linkplay's own protocol to do so.
Yip - I believe it has been assumed in the past because of the similar resolution that it used airplay for its multiroom, but as you say, it uses its own "linkplay multiroom" protocol

Back