Anyone using WiiM Pro with Denafrips Ares II DAC?

Hi! Do you still have any issues with your WiiM Pro into Pontus II? I just bought the Pontus (Firmware v 1.3 - I think?) and have problems streaming via Coaxial from the WiiM Pro into Pontus. Wondering if the problem is with the DAC or streamer??? Any advice appreciated
My issue was/is with the WiiM Pro into Ares II.

Hi! Do you still have any issues with your WiiM Pro into Pontus II? I just bought the Pontus (Firmware v 1.3 - I think?) and have problems streaming via Coaxial from the WiiM Pro into Pontus. Wondering if the problem is with the DAC or streamer??? Any advice appreciated
If you're referring to micro skips, I'm having no issues with my Pontus II using the v1.4 firmware.

WiiM Pro -> Pontus II 12th - via Co-Axial, sound ok for about 30 secs - then pips and cuts out
- via Optical - all ok but settings can only set at 48 kHz / 24 bits - no sound at 96 or 192 kHz

Thanks for any advice on the connection via Co-Axial. I will be trying out maybe another Co-Axial able to see if its the cable's fault.

Not a Denafrips, but a Schiit Gungnir MB. I slightly prefer coax in principle, but with Toslink as well, they work together blissfully.
Hey new member with a Wiim Pro and schitt Gungnir MB. Realized after I purchased the WiiM that the unison input isn't an option. What cable are you using for the input? It sounds like you're possibly using toslink and coax together but maybe I'm misreading that. If you wouldn't mind sending a pic of the cable connections and a recommendation on a cable manufacturer if you're not using the one WiiM provided it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm on the fence about if I made a mistake not purchasing a streamer with the unison USB input. Would love to hear your thoughts on if it matters or not. I know it's schitts recommended input for reasons I don't completely understand

Hey new member with a Wiim Pro and schitt Gungnir MB. Realized after I purchased the WiiM that the unison input isn't an option. What cable are you using for the input? It sounds like you're possibly using toslink and coax together but maybe I'm misreading that. If you wouldn't mind sending a pic of the cable connections and a recommendation on a cable manufacturer if you're not using the one WiiM provided it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm on the fence about if I made a mistake not purchasing a streamer with the unison USB input. Would love to hear your thoughts on if it matters or not. I know it's schitts recommended input for reasons I don't completely understand
I've tried both optical and coax between the WiiM and the Gungnir -- can't detect any audible differences between the two -- and have been using coax for the past few months. It's a short coax cable I picked up from Amazon that works fine. It was originally a tactical purchase I needed quickly, since I have one of the first Pros with the restrictive coax opening, with my more expensive cables being too wide, and haven't felt the need to replace it. If you want a coax cable that's well-constructed and is on spec, I really don't think you can do much better than something from Blue Jeans Cable.

BTW, the optical cable that shipped with the WiiM has also been perfectly fine, and in fact several folks on this forum have mentioned that it has worked more reliably than some esoteric/expensive cables in their collections.

While I'd have preferred a digital USB output, the sheer value proposition for the WiiM generally makes most wish list items like that pretty meaningless. I think there's a good chance that WiiM will release a streamer in the future with said USB output (and perhaps other improvements), at which point I'll pick one up, try it with my DAC. and if I like what I hear, repurpose the current model to another room in the house.

Back