App to replace wiim home?

gwinegarden

I like my wiim but have no use for the app for playing music off my phone.

A lot of my music does not show, in the app, even though other apps see it.

It, constantly, loses album art that the other apps show.

I can find no way to get the app to rescan my library.

So, my question, is there another app that can play music, from my phone, to the wiim, without signing up for a streaming service?

You can use probably any app and connect your Wiim via Bluetooth to your phone.
Or use an app that is able to stream via chromecast or airplay (if you use an iphone).

So, my question, is there another app that can play music, from my phone, to the wiim, without signing up for a streaming service?
For Android, you can use Bubble UPnP, etc. I'm not familiar with it, but it's an app that supports DLNA.

BubbleUPnP for Android or MConnect for iOS as well Android. Tidal and Quobuz are nicely integrated.

Last edited:

If you’re on Android I think the files need to be in the Music folders, and on ios must be visible from the iOS music app.

Maybe try BubbleUPNP or mConnect as suggested as they may be able to configure what folders to search.

You can use probably any app and connect your Wiim via Bluetooth to your phone.
Or use an app that is able to stream via chromecast or airplay (if you use an iphone).
It may be an alternative but I don't want to give up lossless by using Bluetooth.

If you’re on Android I think the files need to be in the Music folders, and on ios must be visible from the iOS music app.

Maybe try BubbleUPNP or mConnect as suggested as they may be able to configure what folders to search.
I've downloaded Bubble and it looks pretty good. Thanks!

Bubble UPNP Player do Plays Qobuz, Tidal. Home servers and phone local files, even online radio stations. That App have more settings and is flexible to edit play lists. Fully compatible with WiiM pro.

Last edited:
Back