Apple Music Drops

Sks

Just set up the Mini. When I play Apple Music through AirPlay-starts then drops off. The Wiim is recognized and seems to play. Spotify works fine. Any ideas?
Thanks

Just set up the Mini. When I play Apple Music through AirPlay-starts then drops off. The Wiim is recognized and seems to play. Spotify works fine. Any ideas?
Thanks
Hi Sks, sorry for our late reply and inconvenience caused. Have you tried to tweak the settings of your WiiM Mini device? If not, please go to the WiiM Home App and select the Device tab > Tap the device setting gear icon > Network Status > Enable IPv6. Also, please keep Wi-Fi roaming settings off and if you have 5 GHz band, please turn on the "5 GHz only" in the setting page. Please let us know if it works for you. If not, please send us a feedback so we can troubleshoot your device further.

Hello, I tried all of the above and it still does not work. I have tried streaming from 3 different apple music devices with the same problem. Please help.

I don’t have any more airplay devices. But using Spotify, I can stream using Airplay. Seems to only be Apple music that plays for a split second then cuts off the stream. Apple Music app continues to show song is playing, but there is no audio.

Airplay is fundamentally different to all other streaming solutions.

With all others your phone is just a remote control. With Airplay your phone is a relay.

What this means is that Airplay uses twice the bandwidth of your WiFi. If your phone or your WiFi isn’t up to it then the sort of issue you describe can result.

Did you have this problem happen again after the router reset at all? Or has it resolved for good? Just got my WIIM yesterday and I am also having the exact same thing..... Can use airplay on all of my other airplay devices in the house fine, and can use airplay on the WIIM with plex, spotify, amazon with no issues but with apple music it drops instantly. Tried from 3 different apple devices. I have 500gb speed fiber internet so i don't think that would be an issue? I have tried all of the methods listed above in the FAQ already. I have sent in a ticket with diagnostics but they said it may take a while for them to figure it out.....

My router reboot has worked and I have not had to reboot again. I have noticed when streaming apple music lossless that the music stutters sometimes. Maybe it’s too much data being streamed using airplay?

Thanks for your response. I am going to try the router reset when i get home to see if that helps. I just wanted to see if that resolved it for the most part or if it did still do it all the time that maybe i would have to look into other options, but I hope that is the answer. Thanks again.

*update - the router restart did the trick.

Last edited:
Back