Best way to connect WiiM Pro directly to Amplifier with RCA inputs?

milkandrelish

Hello,

I am about to purchase a WiiM Pro to stream Tidal music to my Pathos One Amplifier that only has RCA inputs (L + R speaker cable). I know very little about audio systems, but I inherited this nice amplifier from my father.

This is a very basic question, but if I connect my WiiM Pro directly to my Amplifier without a DAC, what is the best way to do this without losing sound quality? What cable will I need?

Thank you!

Being such a basic question makes it kind of hard to answer clearly!

Use the two line out connections on the pro into one pair of RCA connections on the rear of your amp.
You'll need two analogue rca interconnect cables, one for Left, one for Right - a pair of these comes in the pro's box.

Make sure the amp is turned off.
Connect the black line out on the pro to one of the "L" rca connections on the amp - the "L" connections are the top row.
Connect the red line out on the pro to the "R" connection underneath the L one you chose.
i.e. the connections on the amp are in pairs above/below each other.

That will get you going, but if keeping the sound quality as high as possible is what you want then I'd suggest using a dac in between the pro and your amp would be the way to go.

Otherwise, you may want to try some "better" rca interconnects than the ones that come in the box.
Far too many options at wildly varying price points for me to recommend any.
Various opinions on how much better any are than any others too.
Don't want to instigate a discussion on that; just advising you of the options!

Last edited:
Hello,

I am about to purchase a WiiM Pro to stream Tidal music to my Pathos One Amplifier that only has RCA inputs (L + R speaker cable). I know very little about audio systems, but I inherited this nice amplifier from my father.

This is a very basic question, but if I connect my WiiM Pro directly to my Amplifier without a DAC, what is the best way to do this without losing sound quality? What cable will I need?

Thank you!
Choose your RCA cables as short as possible and try to arrange them far from chargers / PSUs or power cables.

Amazing tips, thank you so much!

I didn't realize that speaker cables could be interferred with by power cables - is this just the electricity being conducted by the power cable can disrupt the electricity flowing down the speaker cable?

Mr. Ee, thank you! I am going to be buying a good DAC as my next purchase, but one thing at a time. Much appreciated for your input and suggestions.

Back