Blue Jeans Cable SPDIF optical cable works at 24/96 but not 24/192 kHz. Anyone know why? WiiM cable works at 24/192 kHz

hoppy

See title. I have a brand new 1m optical cable from Blue Jeans Cable. It works on 24 bit / 96 kHz but not 24/192 when I play music on Amazon Music HD or the test audio in the WiiM Home app. The only way I can get 24/192 is with the included WiiM optical cable.

UPDATE: actually, I bought 2 of the 1m optical cables from Blue Jeans Cables and I tried both, neither of them works at 24/192, only at 24/96 (and lower). I tried it with either both connectors, thinking maybe one connector might work if the other doesn't even though a cable shouldn't be "directional". Even though they are new, I cleaned the tip with a lens cloth and they still don't play at 24/192. What's interesting is that I had the same problem with a Monster Cable optical cable. It worked only up to 24/96. I thought this was because it was an older cable but this seems to be a recurring pattern with non-WiiM cables.

I also have a new 3m Bluejeans coaxial cable and that cable does work at 24/192. The connector fit is tight into the recessed coaxial in jack in the Pro, but the cable connectors does fit all the way in.

I'd like to get the optical cable to work because I need the coaxial port in my DAC for my CD player.

Seems weird that a "high quality" optical cable will not work at 24/192. The optical cables aren't totally dead because they do work at lower rates, just not 24/192. Any ideas why?

Last edited:
Back