Bubbleupnp won't play hi res

Johnny

Major Contributor
Whatever hi res I stream from qobuz via the bubbleupnp app to my mini will only show as 16/44.1 on my dac. If I find the same track on the WHA it will play at the higher bit rate.
Is this the norm for bubbleupnp?
I've searched around the forum and Google but can't find anything.
Thanks for help.

Whatever hi res I stream from qobuz via the bubbleupnp app to my mini will only show as 16/44.1 on my dac. If I find the same track on the WHA it will play at the higher bit rate.
Is this the norm for bubbleupnp?
I've searched around the forum and Google but can't find anything.
Thanks for help.
No, it's not normal at all. I have both the Mini and the Pro hooked up to Topping D50s. The Mini via SPDIF and the Pro via COAX.
I use BUPnP, because I find it the best App to use Qobuz to the fullest.
Well, with both devices, if I play a 24/192 album on the DAC I see 24/192.
Have you checked in the BUPnP settings that you have set the music quality to Max or 24/192?
You have to do it both for renderers and in Qobuz.
When you install the App, by default the music quality is not set to the maximum.
Check carefully in the various settings menus, which are very numerous. :unsure: ;)

Yes I have checked both for highest quality replay. I thought it was odd I've read good things about bubbleupnp with qobuz hence I got the licence.

I'll have another thorough look at the settings and see if I've missed something.

We're in business I changed to low quality then back to 24/192 where Brantome indicated and bingo 😀

Back