Cables that fit.

Joeylau

I have seen posts about but have not seen any recommendations about good quality cables that fit. What are people using and how are the results?

Optical? Coax? Analog?

Some will say "bits is bits" [sic] so for digital cables they either work or don't.
Others will say 'better' (no, i'm not qualifying that) digital cables make a difference.

It seems that a fair number of people here are happy using the supplied optical cable.

As for coax, there have been a few posts recommending, if that's the right word, cables from blue jeans cables.
You could try a search for bjc on this forum for some posts on them.

For analog, perhaps a more contentious issue as noise / interference on them does seem to be more of an issue, but there don't seem to be too many people on this forum using analog out.
Or maybe there are, but they have no reason to complain about problems getting a signal to their amplifier ;)
(seing as you're new, that's just a poke at the varied dac related issues here)

I was planning to use co-ax unless there is a better way to connect it to a receiver. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I was planning to use co-ax unless there is a better way to connect it to a receiver. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Some people will swear coax sounds better, others that optical is better due to its inherent noise isolation.
For me, with my pro, I can't tell the difference.

Some dacs/receivers support up to 96khz sample rate over optical, others up to 192, so that might influence which connection you use.
Sometimes it simply comes down to whichever input you have available / spare.

Can you use regular rca like the one that comes with electronic?
You are supposed to use a coaxial RCA cable that meets the SPDIF spec of 75 Ohms, for example a composite video cable that is RCA terminated and which you might already have lying around from an older pre-HDMI era video setup.

Any RCA terminated cable should work, but an actual SPDIF or composite video cable is most appropriate.

"Cables that fit" refers to cables that are compatible with the ports and connectors of your devices. Whether it's USB cables for charging your smartphone....HDMI cables for connecting your laptop to a monitor, or Ethernet cables for networking, ensuring that you have cables that fit properly is essential for seamless connectivity and efficient data transfer between your devices.
Well, as we seem to be resurrecting a year old thread, let's clarify.
In this particular case it was referring to cables that physically fit in the small recess around the coax / rca terminals on the pro.
So 'compatible with the ports and connectors of your devices' is sort of still relevant, but compatability in this case specifically refers to their physical dimensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as we seem to be resurrecting a year old thread, let's clarify.
In this particular case it was referring to cables that physically fit in the small recess around the coax / rca terminals on the pro.
So 'compatible with the ports and connectors of your devices' is sort of still relevant, but compatability in this case specifically refers to their physical dimensions.
Post deleted and user banned - this was about the 5th time they'd posted with irrelevant/spam URLs inserted in their response.

Back