Cannot be controlled by Google Home

dfujita

One day I lost voice control using Google Home. When I tell it to play music, it responds but no sound comes out. Rebooting does not solve the problem.

One day I lost voice control using Google Home. When I tell it to play music, it responds but no sound comes out. Rebooting does not solve the problem.
Are you checking to see whether the device you're talking to (e.g., phone, Nest hub, etc.) still sees the WiiM? If you're using a Nest hub, what happens when you make the WiiM its default audio device?

my device is a Google home mini. wiim pro is visible from the Google home app. The default speaker is set to wiim pro. But when I try to play Spotify via voice control, it responds but does not play music.

Last edited:
Try selecting a different default music speaker to isolate the issue. Also, silly question, but is the volume on the WiiM set to something other than zero on *both* the WiiM app as well as on Google Home? If you have variable volume set on the WiiM app, try setting it to fixed and turn off equalization.

I can make the Wiim sound via google home app. But when I voice control via google home mini, there is no sound from the Wiim that I set as the default speaker.

I noticed that I can get sound out of the Wiim with voice control with any other app, only Spotify doesn't work. Perhaps in the Wiim Spotify connect and Google cast are interfering with each other?

I noticed that I can get sound out of the Wiim with voice control with any other app, only Spotify doesn't work. Perhaps in the Wiim Spotify connect and Google cast are interfering with each other?
Is Spotify the default music service set up for all your endpoints in Google Home? Spotify Connect can't be leveraged via Chromecast by GH. If so, will voice commands play content from Spotify on other devices around your home?

You could always try removing/forgetting the WiiM from your Google Home environment, doing a factory reset, updating to the latest firmware, and configuring/adding it to your home environment again.

Yes, spotify is my default music service. when i look at the wiim player in the spotify app, i see it is connected via spotify connect. google cast shows up as an option but i can't select it.

Attachments

• 038D3970-568D-409E-9D0C-CF4597540544.jpeg
    038D3970-568D-409E-9D0C-CF4597540544.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 11
I can play Spotify via voice control on my Google home mini speaker.
I have reconfigured the Wiim once back to factory settings but the problem has not gone away.

Well, if you haven't done so already, open a ticket by submitting a bug report via the app. I can only think that a firmware update might have messed something up. Now is that the only WiiM Pro you have?

I can play Spotify via voice control on my Google home mini speaker.
I have reconfigured the Wiim once back to factory settings but the problem has not gone away.
This is a bug on Spotify app and please update it to the latest version to fix this issue.

This is a bug on Spotify app and please update it to the latest version to fix this issue.
Thank you.
But I got another bug.
I only have one google home mini, but the Google home app shows it as if I have 3.
When i set the Wiim on the app as default speaker, no sound comes out, but when i set the google home mini, sound comes out from the Wiim. In that case, Google assistant asks me every time to confirm if I want to play sound from the Wiim.

Attachments

• D8195D39-536E-4988-A050-8A4E71185D8C.jpeg
    D8195D39-536E-4988-A050-8A4E71185D8C.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 13
Did you fix this?

I have the same issue. Everything worked great initially with a Google Home Mini controlling the WiiM Pro, but it stopped working. I factory reset the WiiM Pro, but it shows in Google Home as a local device, and doesn't appear in the list for default speaker or speaker group.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527-200953.png
    Screenshot_20230527-200953.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 4
Did you fix this?

I have the same issue. Everything worked great initially with a Google Home Mini controlling the WiiM Pro, but it stopped working. I factory reset the WiiM Pro, but it shows in Google Home as a local device, and doesn't appear in the list for default speaker or speaker group.
What version of the Home app (assuming it's Android)? What happens when you set up a new speaker group? Is it visible then?

I believe I fixed this, by moving the WiiM Pro in the Google Home app, into the room with the Google Home Mini. It looked like it was going move it out of the home, but then listed the existing rooms in the home. Now it works ok. I'm still not sure why it stopped working, originally.

Same probleme here. When I ask my Google Home mini to play sound to the Wiim Pro using Spotify (Chromecast), Google Home says "ok" but at the end no sound because within Spotify app, nothing is playing.
One thing I noticed, is when I launch cast from Spotify app and ask to google home to play "next song", it works ! So it is only related to launch music playing...

- My wiim speaker is well recognized in the same room than Google Home mini on the same network.
- I also tried to have two separate rooms
- All firmwares and app are updated, I tried several factory reset for the Wiim and the Google home..
- I can chromecast spotify to wiim within the Spotify app but also using Google Home app.

Any help ?

Last edited:
Back