Cast Youtube Audio to Pro?

Witterings

Major Contributor
Is there any way to cast the audio from a Youtube video to a Pro, I guess if I'm on an iOS device I could Airplay it but are there any other alternatives from iOS and Android ..... my ideal though would be from a PC.

I think someone else asked a similar question a while back.
Have you tried using Chrome browser on your pc, and casting to the (chromecast) pro from Chrome's cast menu / option?

I think someone else asked a similar question a while back.
Have you tried using Chrome browser on your pc, and casting to the (chromecast) pro from Chrome's cast menu / option?

I saw that thread before I posted and tried it but it didn't display as one of the options, I've pasted a screenshot of what I get below, I may try it on my PC as well and see if that makes a difference as I#ve had a problem with this laptop not doing updates

1685489473279.png

Works fine using Chromecast on a desktop (ChromeOS, in this case).

Screenshot 2023-05-30 5.08.49 PM.png

OK .... I've had a play around with it and think it was the nerwork settings on the laptop as had a problem with Qobuz seeing the Chromecast on the Wim as well, have changed some settings and it's now working fine.

Only thing I am experiencing is quite a bit of lip sync issue which I thught may be down to the DAC on the amp but doesn't happen with Airplay which is using the same onboard DAC.

OK .... I've had a play around with it and think it was the nerwork settings on the laptop as had a problem with Qobuz seeing the Chromecast on the Wim as well, have changed some settings and it's now working fine.

Only thing I am experiencing is quite a bit of lip sync issue which I thught may be down to the DAC on the amp but doesn't happen with Airplay which is using the same onboard DAC.
Hello,
I have the same problem with Qobuz, can you please tell me what network settings are successful?
thanks in advance

Hello,
I have the same problem with Qobuz, can you please tell me what network settings are successful?
thanks in advance

Bottom left side of your computer click on th start button, 2nd icon up settings, then Network & Internet, scroll down to Network & Sharing, then on left hand side Change Advanced Sharing Options

Check the settings as per screenshot
1685535524719.png

Then click on Guest & Public and check as per below again

1685535609592.png
Then at the bottom click on save changes ... I then had to reboot for them to take effect.

Back