Coax output not working

franck976

I have a Wiim Pro,I'm setting up the streamer to work with an external dac(topping d50s) but the coax out does not work.I tried the spdif and Bluetooth connection and they work fine. Any advice why the coax output does not work?
Thanks - Frank

I believe only optical or coax is active at a time and you need to choose the output you want in the menus somewhere.
Just checking you've done that.

I believe only optical or coax is active at a time and you need to choose the output you want in the menus somewhere.
Just checking you've done that.
Yes I have set up the correct output, I tried also to change the cable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-13-21-05-56-13_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-13-21-05-56-13_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 18
A very quick google search shows d50s coax is 96khz max
But then again, another site says both opt and coax support up to 192, so....don't believe anything you read on the internet, nor here!

I start to think that the unit is faulty. I bought this streamer mainly for the coax connection and unfortunately it's not working.
Look’s like you tried everything, did you open a ticket on this issue? If not hearing the test sound when setting up coax it might be a faulty unit. Does it produce sound with the supplied optical cable? One last thought try turning off Eq and turn on fixed volume. If you got it from Amazon you could always buy another and return this unit.

Look’s like you tried everything, did you open a ticket on this issue? If not hearing the test sound when setting up coax it might be a faulty unit. Does it produce sound with the supplied optical cable? One last thought try turning off Eq and turn on fixed volume. If you got it from Amazon you could always buy another and return this unit.
Yes, I opened a ticket, everything works apart from coax ,I can't hear any test sound when used with coax output/connection. with the optical spdif cable it works just fine.

I have the same problem. I'm using bnc to rca benchmark coax cable as my chord qutest dac requires bnc connector. However I have not done much troubleshooting. Using optical for now but also don't want faulty hardware so will probably do some digging @ some point of time.

I have the same problem. I'm using bnc to rca benchmark coax cable as my chord qutest dac requires bnc connector. However I have not done much troubleshooting. Using optical for now but also don't want faulty hardware so will probably do some digging @ some point of time.
Try removing coax cable reboot reinsert coax cable.

-Solved- After more than a week of testing I tried the RCA cable supplied with the unit and it worked.

Apparently on the unit the coax RCA output is recessed , with some good cable even if is inserted till the end , it doesn't work.

I will diy a coax cable with mogami 2964 and neutrik phono plug which from my test with normal RCA cable it works all the times.

I hope in the future Wiim will design a better coax output that will take bigger RCA plugs.

Last edited:
-Solved- After more than a week of testing I tried the RCA cable supplied with the unit and it worked.

Apparently on the unit the coax RCA output is recessed , with some good cable even if is inserted till the end , it doesn't work.

I will diy a coax cable with mogami 2964 and neutrik phono plug which from my test with normal RCA cable it works all the times.

I hope in the future Wiim will design a better coax output that will take bigger RCA plugs.
It wasn't Wiim pro fault, it was the DAC topping D50s. The D50s has a factory bug that causes problems when using the coax connector. The problem is the wrong choice of resistance parameters. This can be easily fixed by making a mod on D50s.

I have only polish version description

https://sites.google.com/site/sq5ebo/topping-d50s-coaxial-mod

I have made a mod that improves the proper resistance of the coax connector in the D50s. I am currently using the correct 75R cable and everything works fine.

Back