Coaxial Input Issue

Ryan

I have a test unit I'm busy playing around with.

I've come across an issue I feel needs fixing urgently, the Coaxial input is recessed to far into the unit and there isnt enough space around the input to use certain Coaxial cables, the Barrel on the RCA connectors is to big to fit over the input, I've tried a Van Den Hul and QED cable and both only fit on halfway.

My thinking is that a lot of people will be purchasing this unit for the Coaxial Output as its generally the preferred connection over optical for those using it with a Dac.

Is it to late to fix the gap between the connector and casing?

this is often the case with basic rca mounted directly on the c-i ... and therefore set back inside the box ( not mounted-wired on the box) but often works with modest cables with modest small rca .....
(it is consistent with the type and cost of these devices....)
but this is not also the case with analog rca?
except to mount fairly spaced rca on chassis, it is hard to anticipate the format of the so various rca available "audiophile way" often quite massive

Last edited:
Thanks Ryan for your suggestions. We tried a few "high-end" cable and it can fit. However, we understand there's really audiophile style cable with the massive jack protection may not be able to fit in. Let me bring this back to our team's and see what we can come up for later batch of production.

Thanks Ryan for your suggestions. We tried a few "high-end" cable and it can fit. However, we understand there's really audiophile style cable with the massive jack protection may not be able to fit in. Let me bring this back to our team's and see what we can come up for later batch of production.
Thanks, it is a difficult one with regard to the different size cables out there, hopefully it's an easy fix.

this is often the case with basic rca mounted directly on the c-i ... and therefore set back inside the box ( not mounted-wired on the box) but often works with modest cables with modest small rca .....
(it is consistent with the type and cost of these devices....)
but this is not also the case with analog rca?
except to mount fairly spaced rca on chassis, it is hard to anticipate the format of the so various rca available "audiophile way" often quite massive
The RCA connectors have a bit more space, I managed to get the Qed and Van Den Hul on them, but bigger connectors might be a problem.

The RCA connectors have a bit more space, I managed to get the Qed and Van Den Hul on them, but bigger connectors might be a problem.
What about toslink sockets? Do they look solid and allow for good lock and fit?

Thanks, it is a difficult one with regard to the different size cables out there, hopefully it's an easy fix.
Of course there's an easy fix. Don't use ridiculous "audiophile" cables.

it's more related to the nature of the jack than a "ridiculously audiophile cable" aspect
;-)

While not possible with a demo unit - in actual practice, I would disassemble and drill it out with a flat-cut drill bit (be carefull with drill depth!) to make additional clearance. Although this is a 'budget' item - when DIY, always use surface-mount sockets (gear and speakers) to avoid this issue.
Wiim will have to add material to their case mold tooling to expand the diameter of a recess - this could potentially take weeks unless they are molding the cases themselves and have in-house tooling shop. My guess is the cases are purchased parts; therefore, parts in supply chain will need to be used-up before a transition.

Last edited:
Hi, I have faced with this issue. For the next version of WiiM Pro, you will have more space around the RCA jack. For the time being, you can provide a 75-ohm male-female RCA connector to "raise" the jack from the body to give more space for bigger plugs. I have temporarily solved it with two conversion connectors. (A male RCA-female BNC & a male BNC - female RCA)

Hi, I have faced with this issue. For the next version of WiiM Pro, you will have more space around the RCA jack. For the time being, you can provide a 75-ohm male-female RCA connector to "raise" the jack from the body to give more space for bigger plugs. I have temporarily solved it with two conversion connectors. (A male RCA-female BNC & a male BNC - female RCA)
Hi AirPlants,

In our latest batch of production, we modify our tooling and enlarge the RCA a bit. Hope it'll helps with some of fat RCA jack. Thank you!

Hi AirPlants,

In our latest batch of production, we modify our tooling and enlarge the RCA a bit. Hope it'll helps with some of fat RCA jack. Thank you!
Thanks for you quick reply, and I appreciate your actions, too. Unfortunately, the batch for Japan seems not latest. Attached photos are the connectors I use. https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B09T36KYDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

By the way, I have not tested it thoroughly, as it came yesterday, but the sound quality and functionality of the product seem very good. I sincerely appreciate your efforts.

Attachments

• 61w6YPsb7aL._AC_SL1300_.jpg
    61w6YPsb7aL._AC_SL1300_.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for you quick reply, and I appreciate your actions, too. Unfortunately, the batch for Japan seems not latest. Attached photos are the connectors I use. https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B09T36KYDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

By the way, I have not tested it thoroughly, as it came yesterday, but the sound quality and functionality of the product seem very good. I sincerely appreciate your efforts.
Hi AirPlants,

The latest version is still on the way to our Amazon warehouse. I think it'll start to sell in early July. Thank you!

Back