Combine Tidal and local tracks

csimi

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be technically possible to combine streamed tracks and local tracks into one library or playlist.
USB Audio Player PRO is capable of creating playlists that can include local files and tracks from streaming services. It would be awesome if one could seamlessly stream their online library and local tracks.

Use your WiiM with LMS and you can do just that and a lot more besides

Use your WiiM with LMS and you can do just that and a lot more besides
LMS = local music server?
Yeah, but I don't want a music server. If UAPP (and Spotify too) if capable of combining local files with streaming, I wonder if WiiM Home could do the same.

LMS = Logitech Media Server but it no longer has anything to do with Logitech. Its open source.

Yeah, but I don't want a music server.

Then I doubt you will be able to do it.

LMS = Logitech Media Server but it no longer has anything to do with Logitech. Its open source.

Then I doubt you will be able to do it.
I asked this a while back and WiiM said it was under development and might have appeared on their roadmap at one point, but it seems to have been dropped. I’ll ask again…

Edit: I wonder if they started developing this on the mini and hit problems with its memory limitations? I know from memory issues I had switching between Spotify and Amazon Music on the Mini that handling multiple services in the one session can cause issues, although you might think that switching services would cause the memory from the old service to be released.

Last edited:
A very high chance anything you have in your library is available to stream on Amazon.
That wasn't my point - it was that LMS can't handle Amazon Music. Plus I do have a fair number of tracks that aren't in the Amazon catalogue (even if it has almost 100m tracks these days), but I was fortunate enough to have been able to upload a lot of them to my Amazon Music library when they offered that service and can still access them via the WiiM or Amazon Music apps or indeed Alexa.

Back