Connectivity questions for beginner

mgradwel

Hi, I'm pondering a multi-room setup and have a few questions about the Wiim Mini & Pro that I'd appreciate thoughts on:

1) I have a Denon DM41 mini hifi. Is it possible to 'transmit' audio (CD and vinyl) from this through the Wiim Pro via Chromecast (appreciate you can't transmit via AirPlay, but was curious whether Chromecast would work). I'm reluctant to buy a second Wiim for my other room.

2) Would it be possible to use a Aux/3.5mm to Toslink converter/adapter to connect to my Denon via an Optical In socket to transmit to the mini from my hifi? Or is the optical socket on my hifi an input only and not an output?

Thanks for any help:)

Last edited:
I've read your post numerous times, but am still confused!
The inference is that you already have a chromecast device in the other room?
You seem to already have a wiim, but I really can't tell if it's a mini or pro.
Question 2 is very confusing! You seem to be asking how to connect your hifi and a mini. Normally this would be to use the mini as a source, e.g. to hear spotify, via the mini, play on your hifi, but you seem to be asking how to get audio from the hifi into a mini via optical. The mini's optical connection is an output - out of the mini into something else. The pro has an optical in...

Maybe start again, with what equipment is in each room.
The only thing that is clear to me is that you want to hear cd and vinyl playing in one room on something in another room.

Back