delayed music start feature request

Hollywood

Major Contributor
I have my WiiM pro output to a DSP. The amplifier turns on via the 12v trigger and the subwoofer turns on via auto sense.

When I first go to play music, the sub starts fairly quickly, but the amp usually takes about 5 seconds to start output. I would guess about 1 second to turn on and a few more seconds to initialize. In all cases if it is the first song before starting the amps, I loose a few seconds of the song.

It would be nice if there was a programmable delay to start the first song IF the 12v trigger is in the OFF state. Would this be possible?

Some amps are always left on so this would not be necessary and the delay would be set to zero, but those of us that have the WiiM turn on our amps, a 1-7 second delay would prevent missing the first few seconds of the first song.

Thanks!

I have the same problem with my tv.
When I turn it on, the hdmi link causes the avr to turn on.
That takes a few seconds to start up, and I see people speaking but hear no sound for a short while.
Maybe I can get the TV to delay the program for me... ;)

I have the same problem with my tv.
When I turn it on, the hdmi link causes the avr to turn on.
That takes a few seconds to start up, and I see people speaking but hear no sound for a short while.
Maybe I can get the TV to delay the program for me... ;)
Not quite the same thing with TV or radio that is broadcast "live". Obviously you can't make live content pause while it waits for your equipment to start up. Even a recorded video usually starts with opening credits that would not affect the experience if you missed a few seconds.

People that invest in music media and equipment are usually passionate about their music. Just as the debate of digital over analog and vinyl and cable quality, and so forth, missing some of your favorite songs is an issue that perhaps could be easily fixed with a software updates.

You might be able to do that with Alexa's routine.
Set the action as shown below.

Music Podcast = Play any track
Stop Music
Wait 10 seconds
Voice phrases = " Alexa, play music "

Although I haven't tried this. Hopefully you can turn on the trigger on the first music playback, and the track that plays again after waiting should be heard without interruption.

If you don't use Alexa, forget what I said.

Not quite the same thing with TV or radio that is broadcast "live". Obviously you can't make live content pause while it waits for your equipment to start up. Even a recorded video usually starts with opening credits that would not affect the experience if you missed a few seconds.

People that invest in music media and equipment are usually passionate about their music. Just as the debate of digital over analog and vinyl and cable quality, and so forth, missing some of your favorite songs is an issue that perhaps could be easily fixed with a software updates.
It was meant to be tongue in cheek...

If you were a real audiophile you'd leave your amp on 24/7 so it was always warmed up. ;)

Back