Factory Reset

Lowfi

My WiiM mini announced it it was doing a factory reset and promptly lost all my settings. Was this as a result of the new update? Has never done this before. Anyone else suffer from this?

Nor me. Seems some buyers are having all of the bad luck whilst others have a 100% user experience.
It could be down to our different network environments - I often see users with issues with their echos, for example, resisting advice to reboot their routers because “all of my other internet devices are fine”. And guess what, a router reboot often fixes their issues…

It could be down to our different network environments - I often see users with issues with their echos, for example, resisting advice to reboot their routers because “all of my other internet devices are fine”. And guess what, a router reboot often fixes their issues…
I have 2 pros. One in main 2 channel system and one feeding a DAC and headphone amp. Both have worked flawlessly since purchase. Never had a freeze or drop out. I have 900mb wifi so that might be the differentiator.

I have 2 pros. One in main 2 channel system and one feeding a DAC and headphone amp. Both have worked flawlessly since purchase. Never had a freeze or drop out. I have 900mb wifi so that might be the differentiator.
I don’t think broadband speed is a factor given that even hi res tracks don’t need a lot of bandwidth. I think it’s more down to your home network and your router, especially if you’re using wifi. You need to ensure a good strong signal on an uncongested wifi channel free from interference from other electrical equipment and other closeby networks.

Me too am on 5 Ghz and i have never had any problems. I only use WiFi.
My devices are near the router, on sight, but too far for a cable.
I should have the cable crossing the room and i don’t like a snake cable on sight on the floor

I don’t think broadband speed is a factor given that even hi res tracks don’t need a lot of bandwidth. I think it’s more down to your home network and your router, especially if you’re using wifi. You need to ensure a good strong signal on an uncongested wifi channel free from interference from other electrical equipment and other closeby networks.
Absolutely. Lots of people don’t realise that whatever bandwidth is available on WiFi is shared amongst every active WiFi device.
A wired connection is infinitely better if it’s possible.

Seriously? I mean how much idle traffic do all your WiFi devices cause? That's next to nothing. Maybe a few bytes per second. And even if you only have a 16MBit connection and make a download, there is likely still enough bandwidth left for HiRes streams.
But still, of course, I prefer a ethernet connection. It's just more reliable. The reason though is not bandwidth.

Seriously? I mean how much idle traffic do all your WiFi devices cause? That's next to nothing. Maybe a few bytes per second. And even if you only have a 16MBit connection and make a download, there is likely still enough bandwidth left for HiRes streams.
But still, of course, I prefer a ethernet connection. It's just more reliable. The reason though is not bandwidth.
I wasn't talking about idle devices. I meant kid upstairs streaming Netflix, another kid watching YouTubes, someone downloading a movie to watch later and various phones etc constantly polling for new email etc etc - it adds up

Back