Have to kill app often to get it to work - normal?

90c4

I have 2 minis. Usually if I am not connected to one of them for awhile, and I open the Wiim app which was in the background (on my android phone) rather than force closed, I can't see/access my device unless I force close the app and restart it. Is this normal, or just me? I turned off the sleeping function on both devices and set my app to never sleep

It not just you,i kill the app more often to be able to work, usually if i have more linkplay device online more problem i have,if i have only one device the situation is better,i never multi room them.

I don't pair them either - and had the issue even when I had a single unit. Hopefully this resolves as it's a bit of a pain in the ass

I think problem is definitely when app is in the background and you open it,never have problem when i start from zero.

I have similar problem, when I put app in background and recall it after few minutes it don't work correctly, sometimes cannot select another service, track time advance five seconds to five seconds. If I kill it and open everything works normally until I put it in background.

I have this problem with the Mini and only occurs when using upnp/dlna. Over the past five months I have submitted 4 tickets and that's where it stops. The last ticket submitted has been open for almost 2 months, there was a reply upon submission but zilch since. Everything is up to date firmware wise both on the Mini and phone is on Android 12. I deleted the earlier tickets to try to get an extended response to the newer one.

I have 2 minis. Usually if I am not connected to one of them for awhile, and I open the Wiim app which was in the background (on my android phone) rather than force closed, I can't see/access my device unless I force close the app and restart it. Is this normal, or just me? I turned off the sleeping function on both devices and set my app to never sleep
Can you help tell us what your smartphone is? We can use it to reproduce this issue quickly.

Our Eng. team is looking at this issue now. It seems to be a bug of the Android App. We'll fix it ASAP. Please stay tuned. Thank you!

We're 6 months ahead now and my Wiim Mini/Android app have the same problem. I use a Samsung Tab S6 lite.
After even a few minutes of having the app on the background, it doesn't work anymore. I have to kill it and restart and then it works again. When I try Tidal Connect it gets confused immediately and I have to kill/restart for it to work. So I don't use Tidal Connect anymore (and that was actaully the reason I bought the Wiim Mini...)
Any news?

We're 6 months ahead now and my Wiim Mini/Android app have the same problem. I use a Samsung Tab S6 lite.
After even a few minutes of having the app on the background, it doesn't work anymore. I have to kill it and restart and then it works again. When I try Tidal Connect it gets confused immediately and I have to kill/restart for it to work. So I don't use Tidal Connect anymore (and that was actaully the reason I bought the Wiim Mini...)
Any news?
Hi Barcarossa,

I'm sorry that you have a problem with our Android App. Please ensure you have updated to the latest version of the WiiM Home App (now it's 2.4.7) and TIDAL App if you use TIDAL Connect.

If you still have problems with the latest App, please help send us feedback via the WiiM Home App. We'll troubleshoot your issue immediately. Thank you!

This problem has never resolved for me either and I only recommend the Wiim to friends on iphones. Not sure what info I can provide to help but every time there's an app update I remain hopeful it will be fixed but I'm always disappointed

Hi 90c4, Tvbargus, and bazzast

Please help send us feedback on the WiiM Home App. I'll ensure our Eng. will look at these issues as soon as possible and fix them. Thank you!

Even to me, same things. After few minutes have to kill/restart.
I have the latest update on an Oppo A9 2020
Please help send us feedback on the WiiM Home App. I'll ensure our Eng. will look at these issues as soon as possible and fix them. Thank you!

Back