Haven't been able to set-up my WiiM Mini for a week...

freaknout

Out of desperation really I thought I'd ask the community if they can help.

This is a new Mini and it's never worked for me. I'm trying to set it up and this is what I do...

- Plug Mini in, white light comes on steady and then starts slowly flashing.
- My phones is poised with BT on and the WiiM Home app, "add a device" is selected and I get the search radar.
- After 5-10 secs I get the can't find your device message so I try again, and again and again (Mini is still flashing the white light).
- After approx 90 secs the light changes to red and flashes, this will not go away without pulling the plug.

The only other thing I have tried is to reset by pushing the play button down for 10 sec and and of course that doesn't work.

Neither the AliExpress Store or WiiM seem to be able to help beyond these steps and I'm currently stuck out of pocket and no working device.

I will try that. I had ruled that out previously and I'd tried set-up on both an Android and iPhone.
Not as silly as it might sound - I recently did a factory reset on a bluesound node and then just couldn't get it to reconnect.
Uninstalled / reinstalled the app, and it worked first time.
Although, if you tried on a different device then it might not help.

Uninstall and reinstall the wiim home app??

So tried that on a Samsung, an iPhone and an iPad (even restarted them post install).

No joy.

Is the Mini visible as a BT connection when it's trying to pair? It's not listed in any of the above devices and a Macbook Air I've just tried.

Just to be clear...

Is it usual to have both the Mini's BT connection and Wifi connection visible during the set-up process? I have neither and that could be a clear indication my device is faulty.

Thanks, I have raised a ticket this week and have been bouncing between WiiM and the AliExpress seller trying to get it work. I've learnt more in this 1/2 hour than the previous 5 days.
Did you use https://wiim.freshdesk.com/support platform?

We are trying to help here based on our personal experience but it has some obvious limitations sooner or later... Just like any other community support.

Did you use https://wiim.freshdesk.com/support platform?

We are trying to help here based on our personal experience but it has some obvious limitations sooner or later... Just like any other community support.

I raised a ticket with Wiim support a week ago. They recognised a fault from my explanation and were going to replace my Mini until I told them I'd purchased from AliExpress. I've not had a reply since.

Hence why I am here, trying to get it to work.

Back