Haven't been able to set-up my WiiM Mini for a week...

freaknout

Out of desperation really I thought I'd ask the community if they can help.

This is a new Mini and it's never worked for me. I'm trying to set it up and this is what I do...

- Plug Mini in, white light comes on steady and then starts slowly flashing.
- My phones is poised with BT on and the WiiM Home app, "add a device" is selected and I get the search radar.
- After 5-10 secs I get the can't find your device message so I try again, and again and again (Mini is still flashing the white light).
- After approx 90 secs the light changes to red and flashes, this will not go away without pulling the plug.

The only other thing I have tried is to reset by pushing the play button down for 10 sec and and of course that doesn't work.

Neither the AliExpress Store or WiiM seem to be able to help beyond these steps and I'm currently stuck out of pocket and no working device.

Unplug the Wiim power cable and stick the cable after a while. The LED will blink white and look for Wi-Fi. Lights up white when connected to Wi-Fi. Connection errors are solid red. I think the red flashing may be a malfunction.

First hard reset the Wiim and after half a minute wait for wifi access point of Wiim(refresh wifi network discovery),then connect to Wiim network and continue with setup,also install 4stream app to try with that app, usually with 4stream app I'm able to configured more easily.

@freaknout Hi, our team replied to our ticket earlier today. Can you take a look?

Unfortunately, some unauthorized sellers on Aliexpress are selling our product, and we have no control over those listings. We recommend buying through our Amazon listing that you can find on our website www.wiimhome.com.

First hard reset the Wiim and after half a minute wait for wifi access point of Wiim(refresh wifi network discovery),then connect to Wiim network and continue with setup,also install 4stream app to try with that app, usually with 4stream app I'm able to configured more easily.

Thanks Viktor, unfort I can't reset it.

@freaknout Hi, our team replied to our ticket earlier today. Can you take a look?

Unfortunately, some unauthorized sellers on Aliexpress are selling our product, and we have no control over those listings. We recommend buying through our Amazon listing that you can find on our website www.wiimhome.com.

Thanks team, I have replied. Apologies I didn't realise the reseller situation.

There's at least a light! Flashes white and then red 😄
another wild guess, but i am wondering if your mini and your phone are on a different subnet on your router - you haven't said anything about your wifi set-up, but it is not uncommon for 2 devices to not be able to see each other as a result of a particular router (or multiple router) set-up.

another wild guess, but i am wondering if your mini and your phone are on a different subnet on your router - you haven't said anything about your wifi set-up, but it is not uncommon for 2 devices to not be able to see each other as a result of a particular router (or multiple router) set-up.

Heya, thanks for your suggestion. The 4 devices I've used are all on the same 2.4ghz band wifi router.

I'm not sure it would make any difference though as the set up procedure uses BT and a wifi access point (?) in the Mini itself. At this point it's an independent device and not connected or discoverable by anything I've tried.

Maybe someone (somewhere) before you baying disabled the touch control in the app settings and in this situation you can't reset the unit?just guessing....i don't know in this scenario if touch control will work for resetting.

Hi @freaknout did you ever get this sorted out. One of my wiim mini's has just started doing the same thing. Wanted to know before going through the support ticket route

Hi Griff, no unfortunately.

But mine was fresh from the box, it never worked for me. Your fault might be something different if it's previously worked.

WiiM support are very helpful, definitely worth raising a ticket.

Good luck
J

Hi Griff, no unfortunately.

But mine was fresh from the box, it never worked for me. Your fault might be something different if it's previously worked.

WiiM support are very helpful, definitely worth raising a ticket.

Good luck
J
Thanks for answering. Dropped a ticket into support. It had been working fine for over a year on my desk. Moved it to run off a battery in the garden and stopped. Could be just one of those things 🙄

Thanks for answering. Dropped a ticket into support. It had been working fine for over a year on my desk. Moved it to run off a battery in the garden and stopped. Could be just one of those things 🙄
@Griff what happened to your device, did you get it resolved? It just happened to my device (I bought it almost 2 years ago) I’m just wondering if maybe that was the lifecycle (never moved it to a different place)

Back