Home Music Server showing songs in Albums with multiple discs sorted incorrectly

RoyalScam

Let's see if I can describe this properly...

My UPnP/DLNA server of choice is Logitech Media Server, running on MacOS, with the "UPnP/DLNA Media Interface (v1.0)" plugin activated - which allows "Logitech Media Server" to appear in the WiiM iOS app under Home Music Server.

When I choose Home Music Server > Logitech Media Server > Music > Albums in the WiiM app, then choose an album that is a 4 disc box set like Citizen Steely Dan, I am seeing the tracks in the WiiM app as follows:

Disc 1, Track 1
Disc 2, Track 1
Disc 3, Track 1
Disc 4, Track 1
Disc 1, Track 2
Disc 2, Track 2
Disc 3, Track 2
Disc 4, Track 2
etc...

What I should be seeing - and what I AM seeing in the Logitech Media Server web app - is as follows:

Disc 1, Track 1
Disc 1, Track 2
Disc 1, Track 3
Disc 1, Track 4
etc...

Is that a bug in the WiiM app that needs to be addressed, or something I need to change in the Metadata or folder hierarchy?

For what it's worth, I don't think the issue is with Logitech Media Server, because I tried using Universal Media Server instead, and it appeared in the exact same incorrect order in the WiiM app.

Screenshots are attached showing how I view the box set in LMS's web app, and how it appears in the WiiM app.

LMS for WiiM 1.pngLMS for WiiM 2.jpeg

Updating this
2.1.19 is about to be released and seems to restore things back to a stable gapless playback on Mini. 2.1.18 has minor issues
Can’t speak for Pro as I still can’t get one.

On using WiiM with LMS generally.
Until WiiM install Squeezelite the bridge plugin is the best approach.
Ditch the WiiM app and use Material instead.
Things are light years better using LMS than any other media server (with possible expensive exception of Roon).
LMS includes support for Spotify, Qobuz, Deezer & Tidal plus many many more Internet Radio stations than the WiiM app
Glad I have auto-update turned off for plug-ins in LMS, then! I think I'm on 2.1.15 and pretty rock solid. I saw the prompt for 2.1.18 the other day and chose to stay put.

Glad I have auto-update turned off for plug-ins in LMS, then! I think I'm on 2.1.15 and pretty rock solid. I saw the prompt for 2.1.18 the other day and chose to stay put.
Glad to hear that
So how does using WiiM with the bridge and material compare to the upnp media interface and WiiM app?

Glad to hear that
So how does using WiiM with the bridge and material compare to the upnp media interface and WiiM app?
Well, given that there's awful "on-the-fly" queue and playlist support on the WiiM Home App itself, LMS/Material via the UPnP Bridge is certainly the way to go at this juncture.

I did make a feature request 11 days ago to give us the ability to add full albums, genres, etc to queue and playlists on the fly, and it's currently at "Pending Eng Review" but I'd probably still stick with LMS/Material given that it sorts my library better than WHA as well.

Well, given that there's awful "on-the-fly" queue and playlist support on the WiiM Home App itself, LMS/Material via the UPnP Bridge is certainly the way to go at this juncture.

I did make a feature request 11 days ago to give us the ability to add full albums, genres, etc to queue and playlists on the fly, and it's currently at "Pending Eng Review" but I'd probably still stick with LMS/Material given that it sorts my library better than WHA as well.
Make sure you try the following LMS plugins

Music & Artist Information - adds lyrics, bios and reviews and is best used in conjunction with Material where in Playing you will see an (i) button to access
Radio Paradise - makes WiiM implementation look rubbish
BBC Sounds
LastMix - used with Don’t Stop the Music to produce focused radio style mix
Radio Now Playings - adds cover art and metadata to literally dozens of stations that don’t have it
Spotify, Qobuz, Deezer, Tidal - whichever is your poison

Back