Home share user experience

trickydicky1321

Good morning,
I’m generally extremely pleased with my Wiim Pro but have one major niggle, for me it’s browsing local music.
Just wondered if there are any plans to improve the home share user experience?Local music browsing experience is awful.
You can only add various music by creating a playlist rather than forming a queue or having to play a whole album.
If possible, the facility to be able to mix a queue of local music with subscription services?
Also the option of being able to browse your music in tile format rather than listed.
Generally improve home share user experience rather than having to use 3rd party apps.
Thanks in advance.

At this point, I've decided to just consider the WiiM (pro) an endpoint for 3rd party apps. The built-in browsing experience leaves a lot to be desired indeed and I'm not sure how/if they'll be able to improve this. The WiiM lacks the processing power and internal storage amount of a Raspberry Pi for example. So I don't think we'll ever get the WiiM to properly scan/index remote folders like you can in Volumio, Moode etc...

Last edited:
Ah you made a good point on the lack of processing power. I have been using a Teufel Streamer which has a lot of these features and better integrated app, however the Teufel lacks Airplay support, 2-way bluetooth and plenty of other stuff. Still looking for an ideal affordable situation, but i think Wiim could pull it off. They have the right attitude.

I was hoping to just run the Wiim pro and remove my Pi out of my system but sadly not going to happen !
The Pi running Moode with allo digione signature outputting to my DAC sound's better and the browsing my nas drive music is just not very good.
Only got it for my wife to play Amazon music as not going to happen with the pi, still like the Wiim pro and will just pop it on for radio & Amazon.

I was hoping to just run the Wiim pro and remove my Pi out of my system but sadly not going to happen !
The Pi running Moode with allo digione signature outputting to my DAC sound's better and the browsing my nas drive music is just not very good.
Only got it for my wife to play Amazon music as not going to happen with the pi, still like the Wiim pro and will just pop it on for radio & Amazon.
Same here.. Eventually I bought back my Pi steaming setup because the other guy couldn't really get his head around it. I'm now running a clean installation of Plexamp headless on top of Raspberry pi OS for my local music. The WiiM Pro is an endpoint for chromecast audio, webradio, Spotify and other online services. I have a automatic switcher for optical signals so switching between all of my digital sources is totally seamless.

Back