In app search no longer works

LaneMeyer

On the last update, my search function no longer works. I have a connected amazon hd account and home NAS, prior to update, I was able to search and get results from either source. Now whenever I search it returns no results. I have experienced this issue with iOS and Android. Tried deleting app and reloading, did not solve problem.

Yeah, I think you are right. The Wiim app is probably fine. It looks like it is a problem with the Amazon streaming service. I can not even search on the Amazon App on my PC.

Wiim search is broken, but Yamaha Musiccast search is fine.

Is this really an Amazon music problem?

By the way, there was a mysterious discovery. Results vary depending on the search term.

[Ariana] =No search result
[Alaina] =Ok
[Grande] =No
[Glande] =Ok
[Music] =No
[Muzic] =Ok

Bluesound is broken, Playfi is broken. WiiM is broken. Whether partially or incomplete, they’re broken. And it might vary from region to region and supplier to supplier. The common touchpoint is Amazon’s third party API, so my money is on them having changed something in the API and/or backend services.

Hopefully @WiiM Support @WiiM Team are escalating this too.

Wiim search is broken, but Yamaha Musiccast search is fine.

Is this really an Amazon music problem?

By the way, there was a mysterious discovery. Results vary depending on the search term.

[Ariana] =No search result
[Alaina] =Ok
[Grande] =No
[Glande] =Ok
[Music] =No
[Muzic] =Ok
How You accessed amazon music in musiccast? I have Yamaha r-n803 and I am pretty sure it doesnt support amazon music.

How You accessed amazon music in musiccast? I have Yamaha r-n803 and I am pretty sure it doesnt support amazon music.

R-N803 is not supported.
Only the following models are compatible with Amazon music HD(in JP).

RX-A8A / RX-A6A / RX-A4A / RX-A2A
RX-V6A / RX-V4A
CX-A5200
RX-A3080 / RX-A2080 / RX-A1080 / RX-A880 / RX-A780
RX-V585 / RX-V485 / RX-S602
MusicCast BAR 400(YAS-408)
MusicCast VINYL 500(TT-N503)
MusicCast 50(WX-051) / MusicCast 20(WX-021)

Back