Internal phono preamp and SSD slot.

ads42

Hi,
today I have an Audiolab 600A amplifier, a Marantz CD player, a Rega P3 Turntable and a RaspDAC (Volumio).
I would like to switch to a smaller (in size) Hifi setup.
A Wiim Amp (Plus) seems the way to go.
The missing parts for me are :
  1. An internal phono preamp.
  2. A SSD M.2 NVME compatible slot to store internally music files
  3. An external CD transport (no Dac) that supports ripping to the SSD with same size to stack the units.
  4. A Color display to show the tracks being played or Vumeters.
Hope to see something like this in the near future.

Best regards

Hi,
today I have an Audiolab 600A amplifier, a Marantz CD player, a Rega P3 Turntable and a RaspDAC (Volumio).
I would like to switch to a smaller (in size) Hifi setup.
A Wiim Amp (Plus) seems the way to go.
The missing parts for me are :
  1. An internal phono preamp.
  2. A SSD M.2 NVME compatible slot to store internally music files
  3. An external CD transport (no Dac) that supports ripping to the SSD with same size to stack the units.
  4. A Color display to show the tracks being played or Vumeters.
Hope to see something like this in the near future.

Best regards
even if you are in a modest approach regarding vinyl, or wishing to minimize... invites you to keep the idea of a nice external phono stage...
;-)

even if you are in a modest approach regarding vinyl, or wishing to minimize... invites you to keep the idea of a nice external phono stage...
;-)
I agree with you, if they can create an external phono preamp with same case size, I'm also ok, I just don't want to have different items with different shapes (for instance the Ifi preamp).
I have to take in account the WAF (Woman acceptance factor) :p

I agree with you, if they can create an external phono preamp with same case size, I'm also ok, I just don't want to have different items with different shapes (for instance the Ifi preamp).
I have to take in account the WAF (Woman acceptance factor) :p
a phono stage not really requiring "access for everyday use"..
this is hidden (personally I have always done it, see very short cable to the turntable)..
so no real need to make it very visible on the furniture. .. seems to me... ;-)

I agree with the phono preamplifier
ideally without AD/DA conversion, just pure analogue.

I agree with the phono preamplifier
ideally without AD/DA conversion, just pure analogue.
Giving up PEQ and upcoming Room EQ just for a "philosophical" advantage? Thanks, but no thanks.

I expect absolute transparency from an amplifier. I don't want EQ in the device at all. If it couldn't be turned off, I would never buy it.

I expect absolute transparency from an amplifier. I don't want EQ in the device at all. If it couldn't be turned off, I would never buy it.
I was thinking so, then I discovered that room (and its modes) didn't think the same... 😎

As long as your speakers and your room are absolutely transparent that's a fine thing ...

;)

PS:
You are free to disagree and still ask for this feature, of course.

Last edited:
Back