is wiim gone?

Misterg

ive been contacting support over a few issues for over a month and never get past auto reply

They definitely aren't "gone" -- still releasing regular firmware and app updates. I could definitely see them being overloaded with work, though, considering how popular their devices have gotten in a relatively short period of time. Not that it's an excuse -- customer service is crucial -- but hopefully it's a temporary issue.

ive been contacting support over a few issues for over a month and never get past auto reply
Hi, sorry about that. Can you share your ticket number with us? Please note that our team does read tickets. Some tickets require a reply, usually for clarification, and some tickets we read as feedback for existing issues we're aware of. We'll update our auto-reply so users are aware that not all ticket submissions will receive a reply if we're aware of an existing issue that will be fixed with a future update, but if they want a reply to let us know. And just to note, we're continually working on ways to smooth out any issues and support our great users.

I just experienced some of the best customer service I have ever received. I purchased a Mini through Amazon. My unit was defective so I reached out to WIIM using the Home app, they answered in hours. They sent a replacement that arrived in three days and didn't even require me to return the broken one, completely circumventing the Amazon return process. A+ in my book.

I think that they are gone. I have send five or six feedback and only two answer without solution. In my wiim pro optical out has continuous interruptions I eliminate by playing sound test, but now sound test no sound, but it eliminates the issue still 😩😩😩😩 and support team does not say anything. They are desappeared or………..

I think that they are gone. I have send five or six feedback and only two answer without solution. In my wiim pro optical out has continuous interruptions I eliminate by playing sound test, but now sound test no sound, but it eliminates the issue still 😩😩😩😩 and support team does not say anything. They are desappeared or………..
They haven't disappeared - they commented only yesterday. What's your latest ticket number?

No, WiiM Support has not disappeared........

But one might think so, given their silence to queries as to when Parametric Equalization (PEQ) will be added as a feature

As has been commented on before, they’re taking a period to concentrate on bug fixes and I’m sure work on new development will resume once they feel they have addressed the majority of significant bugs.

As has been commented on before, they’re taking a period to concentrate on bug fixes and I’m sure work on new development will resume once they feel they have addressed the majority of significant bugs.
Yes, I recall comments to that effect but has WiiM Support confirmed this ? I may have missed the posting.

I don’t think explicitly but it’s clear that’s what they’ve been doing
It is not clear to me that WiiM is still planning to add Paramentric Equalization as a feature - based on the lack of a response to earlier queries. I welcome a comment from Wiim Support to this thread.

It is not clear to me that WiiM is still planning to add Paramentric Equalization as a feature - based on the lack of a response to earlier queries. I welcome a comment from Wiim Support to this thread.
Better raising a feature request directly to them using the feedback section in their app

It’s £150 for a bit perfect streamer which has been faultless for me since I purchased in December 2022. I know some have had the odd issue and others are asking for the stars at that price but I think it’s delightful for the money and any new additions captured within the original purchase price should I think be seen as a bonus. Just my thoughts

It’s £150 for a bit perfect streamer which has been faultless for me since I purchased in December 2022. I know some have had the odd issue and others are asking for the stars at that price but I think it’s delightful for the money and any new additions captured within the original purchase price should I think be seen as a bonus. Just my thoughts
I only have the Mini. It’s obviously a perfectly capable piece of hardware when coupled with a decent external DAC but it has had some rough edges firmware wise which only become apparent in certain use cases. Failure to cope with gapless playback with upnp sources until fairly recently being an obvious example.
The WHA IMHO tries to do too much and fails in a lot of cases. Only really useful as a setup tool.

Back