Just tried the RCA analog input for the first time, amazing.

audiobliss

Major Contributor
Had the Pro for over two weeks, and just gave the analog input a try. I am using a dac as preamp, so it has no analog inputs. So when I saw that the Pro has one, it was another plus, as the only way to play some SACDs on my Sony player is through its analog out, and since I changed from a regular preamp I needed one analog input.
It wasn't really a priority but would be nice. Before I bought the Pro I had actually asked on another forum if the Pro would take the analog input and output it as digital. I got one reply saying, yes, but it didn't sound very good.
Based on that reply I wasn't really expecting much, so that's probably why I wasn't in a rush to try it.
Well I tried it, and listening as I type. I sounds great, I compared analog into the Pro with coax output going to my dac, and it sounds identical to the straight digital from the Sony UBP-X1100ES player going into the dac.

I am just amazed that it can go through two dacs and a adc, and come out sounding the same as one dac. Says a lot for the Pro.

Off topic but why do some of your SACDs need analogue out?

When I was last into SACDs you still requiref six RCAs as HDMI in the early 2000s didn't have the bandwidth.

Gonna get back into SACD when I buy a Sony 4K player. Saw in my receiver manual it has DSD support too, so won't need the Sony's DSD to PCM conversion. Nice.

Thanks.

Last edited:
They need analog output because most DACs, preamps or receivers don’t support DSD input. So the SACD player has to do the conversion and output analog.

Thanks.

I thought you meant on some SACDs you've got you didn't need need to but don't think you meant that.

Not sure about SACD players but most Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray players can now also convert the DSD to PCM and send it over the HDMI.

Whether that's better than using the player's DAC is anyone's guess.

Had the Pro for over two weeks, and just gave the analog input a try. I am using a dac as preamp, so it has no analog inputs. So when I saw that the Pro has one, it was another plus, as the only way to play some SACDs on my Sony player is through its analog out, and since I changed from a regular preamp I needed one analog input.
It wasn't really a priority but would be nice. Before I bought the Pro I had actually asked on another forum if the Pro would take the analog input and output it as digital. I got one reply saying, yes, but it didn't sound very good.
Based on that reply I wasn't really expecting much, so that's probably why I wasn't in a rush to try it.
Well I tried it, and listening as I type. I sounds great, I compared analog into the Pro with coax output going to my dac, and it sounds identical to the straight digital from the Sony UBP-X1100ES player going into the dac.

I am just amazed that it can go through two dacs and a adc, and come out sounding the same as one dac. Says a lot for the Pro.
Agreed, I had a similar experience. I do have to use a fostex volume attenuator on the aux in as some of the signals I feed are too 'hot' for the Aux in on my Mini but once the adjustment done the quality is very good.

This is promising. What I’m wondering… and this may sound like a terrible idea (no pun intended), but I’m wondering if you can use the analog (RCA) inputs and the link feature. Meaning, if I connect my turntable to a WiiM Pro in one room, I can link it to another WiiM Pro in another room and have the audio play on both… Is this possible, impossible, or just a bad idea?

This is promising. What I’m wondering… and this may sound like a terrible idea (no pun intended), but I’m wondering if you can use the analog (RCA) inputs and the link feature. Meaning, if I connect my turntable to a WiiM Pro in one room, I can link it to another WiiM Pro in another room and have the audio play on both… Is this possible, impossible, or just a bad idea?
Yes, a number of users here do this.
Some advise using a pro plus as the main source due to its better ADC stage.
You need a phono preamp though; some turntables have that built in.

Thank you so much! I have a Cambridge Audio Alva Duo preamp that I’m pretty happy with. The idea is to go out of that and into a second WiiM pro in that room. The WiiM Pro is awesome! I’m so glad after all of my research I went with it. Thanks again.

Back