Lip sync delay adjustment for optical input

kosa

As mentioned in subject line it would be good to have an option to adjust the lip sync delay for video content. I'm using optical input for TV source and quite often audio is not synchronised.

You surely need this on your tv? I’d guess it displays the video in real time and the audio transmitted to the WiiM experiences some latency, but the Wiim can’t go back in time to match the video so the tv has to delay the video to compensate for the latency in the WiiM getting and processing the audio.

You surely need this on your tv? I’d guess it displays the video in real time and the audio transmitted to the WiiM experiences some latency, but the Wiim can’t go back in time to match the video so the tv has to delay the video to compensate for the latency in the WiiM getting and processing the audio.
I don't think I understand what you mean. The only thing I'd like to have is to be able to delay sound on Wiim so that it corresponds with the video signal. For this there is no need to go back in time. I use TV exclusively for streaming movies and sometimes YT and especially with the latter there are often problems with the sound being a bit forward than the visual. I know it is feasible because I used to have streamer with such feature.

I don't think I understand what you mean. The only thing I'd like to have is to be able to delay sound on Wiim so that it corresponds with the video signal. For this there is no need to go back in time. I use TV exclusively for streaming movies and sometimes YT and especially with the latter there are often problems with the sound being a bit forward than the visual. I know it is feasible because I used to have streamer with such feature.
Sound coming thru the optical input to the output is usually delayed on the WiiM due to latency related to the reclocking process. Do you really need it to be delayed even more?

Sound coming thru the optical input to the output is usually delayed on the WiiM due to latency related to the reclocking process. Do you really need it to be delayed even more?
I think kosa very clearly said yes already! i.e. the sound via the wiim comes before people's lips move ;)
Maybe the tv has an audio delay option, but I would imgine this has already been investigated...

I think kosa very clearly said yes already! i.e. the sound via the wiim comes before people's lips move ;)
Maybe the tv has an audio delay option, but I would imgine this has already been investigated...
People were complaining about the Pro delay being too high, I'm just surprised that a TV would need it even bigger. But maybe it has been dramatically reduced in the newest FWs, I don't know, I don't use it and I've measured it quite long time ago.

@kosa
I remember a declaration to let the delay be adjustable by the user, but no implementation so far.

As mentioned in subject line it would be good to have an option to adjust the lip sync delay for video content. I'm using optical input for TV source and quite often audio is not synchronised.
I have the same problem. I own wiim pro and topping dx3 pro+. When I connect my TV to the stereo system via optical Topping DX3 Pro+, there is no delay at all. When I connect my TV to a stereo system via optical in wiiw pro (analog or optical output) there is a clearly noticeable delay. I chose the pro version of wiim, also because of the presence of an optical input to which I was going to connect the TV, I like to watch music videos and concerts, but this turned out to be impossible, the sound lag is clearly visible.
The only thing I can connect to the optical input is my CD player. I'm disappointed. I don't understand why there is this delay? Is this a feature of the chosen streamer architecture? Can't it be fixed with firmware? I really hope that the amplifier that is coming to me will not have such a delay, otherwise it will be an epic failure!

I have the same problem. I own wiim pro and topping dx3 pro+. When I connect my TV to the stereo system via optical Topping DX3 Pro+, there is no delay at all. When I connect my TV to a stereo system via optical in wiiw pro (analog or optical output) there is a clearly noticeable delay. I chose the pro version of wiim, also because of the presence of an optical input to which I was going to connect the TV, I like to watch music videos and concerts, but this turned out to be impossible, the sound lag is clearly visible.
The only thing I can connect to the optical input is my CD player. I'm disappointed. I don't understand why there is this delay? Is this a feature of the chosen streamer architecture? Can't it be fixed with firmware? I really hope that the amplifier that is coming to me will not have such a delay, otherwise it will be an epic failure!
If you are experiencing a delay in audio output then this is by no means the same problem. TO explicitly states that video is delayed relative to audio in his (rather unexpected) case.

Back