LMS/Squeezelite Support Mini

T-B

Moving this here from the thread at the old forum (https://faq-mini.wiimhome.com/support/discussions/topics/72000741459?page=1)

I quote cc, who started that:

<< There are thousands of Logitech Media Server users out there, with a very active forum dedicated to its use. It would be great if Squeezelite support were added to the WiiM Mini to make it a native LMS client, with the full feature set.
https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite >>

There was a suggestion from Wiim Support that LMS was already useable via UPnP/DLNA, which is true, but using that is quite techy and beyond many customers. Captain Paranoia put it well at the old forum:

<< I think the reply from 'WiiM Support' misses the point; WiiM will be accessible via LMS using the UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast or Airplay plugins, but not via the LMS SlimProto protocl, which supports multi-room casting. Since Squeezelite is an open source implementation of the SlimProto renderer, it would seem a fairly easy win to deploy to the WiiM.>>

So, Wiim Support, can you make implementation of LMS/Squeezelite a priority, please, both on the Mini and the upcoming Pro? And personally, It would be interesting to hear Wiim's current plans for this before I buy either of these (great seeming) products.

Thanks very much all.
I did adjust as per @Brantome and left everything else as is.
I am extremely happy to report that everything has worked with the UPnP/DLNA Bridge plug-in and I can now control the Mini as a LMS client using my iPhone 11! 😊
Please let me know if you need more details.
Meanwhile, we can encourage the WiiM community with your excellent support!

Moving this here from the thread at the old forum (https://faq-mini.wiimhome.com/support/discussions/topics/72000741459?page=1)

<< There are thousands of Logitech Media Server users out there, with a very active forum dedicated to its use. It would be great if Squeezelite support were added to the WiiM Mini to make it a native LMS client, with the full feature set.

There was a suggestion from Wiim Support that LMS was already useable via UPnP/DLNA, which is true, but using that is quite techy and beyond many customers. Captain Paranoia put it well at the old forum:

<< I think the reply from 'WiiM Support' misses the point; WiiM will be accessible via LMS using the UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast or Airplay plugins, but not via the LMS SlimProto protocl, which supports multi-room casting. Since Squeezelite is an open source implementation of the SlimProto renderer, it would seem a fairly easy win to deploy to the WiiM.>>

So, Wiim Support, can you make implementation of LMS/Squeezelite a priority, please, both on the Mini and the upcoming Pro? And personally, It would be interesting to hear Wiim's current plans for this before I buy either of these (great seeming) products.
Hi,

I got a mini to test yesterday and it was found by LMS as. Squeezelite player straight out of the box (tick box on setup for squeezebox).

Syncs with receiver, radio and touch.

Only issue I have can’t give it a friendly name it just has WiiM-Mini-(MAC address).

Model: RaopBridge
Type: squeezelite
Firmware: 0

Working flawlessly - need to live with it for a few days but so far working well.

LMS = 8.3.2
w11 pc as server
2 x radios
2 x touches
2 x receivers
3 x pc/laptop running squeeze-lite
1 x WiiM Mini
Record Deck via SWYH (Vinyl streamed around the house 😀)

Running LMS since 2009 tried the rest but none as good as LMS

Pete

Hi,

I got a mini to test yesterday and it was found by LMS as. Squeezelite player straight out of the box (tick box on setup for squeezebox).

Syncs with receiver, radio and touch.

Only issue I have can’t give it a friendly name it just has WiiM-Mini-(MAC address).

Model: RaopBridge
Type: squeezelite
Firmware: 0

Working flawlessly - need to live with it for a few days but so far working well.

LMS = 8.3.2
w11 pc as server
2 x radios
2 x touches
2 x receivers
3 x pc/laptop running squeeze-lite
1 x WiiM Mini
Record Deck via SWYH (Vinyl streamed around the house 😀)

Running LMS since 2009 tried the rest but none as good as LMS

Pete

The mini doesn’t have a native Squeezelite client, so it looks like it’s been discovered by LMS as an airplay device (after I googled raopbridge…) which I guess limits it to 16/44.1 CD quality. Wouldn’t you be better off using the UPNPBridge plugin and use it as a UPNP player in which case it’ll support up to 24/192?

The mini doesn’t have a native Squeezelite client, so it looks like it’s been discovered by LMS as an airplay device (after I googled raopbridge…) which I guess limits it to 16/44.1 CD quality. Wouldn’t you be better off using the UPNPBridge plugin and use it as a UPNP player in which case it’ll support up to 24/192?
Good morning - I wasn't aware I had the AirPlay app installed so assumed it was connecting natively with Squeezelite :-(

So I have done some testing this morning:

With Airplay bridge - the Mini syncs with rest of the system

With UPNP/DLNA bridge the Mini does not sync it has a delay - looking at the forums to see if any settings need changing in the addin.....

Good morning - I wasn't aware I had the AirPlay app installed so assumed it was connecting natively with Squeezelite :-(

With UPNP/DLNA bridge the Mini does not sync it has a delay - looking at the forums to see if any settings need changing in the addin.....
In Philippe's explanation of the UPnP/DLNA Bridge he says it does not sync and never will (it is in red in this post)

Yeah, on reading up on raopbridge, it does seem to have the advantage of being able to sync.

Yeah, on reading up on raopbridge, it does seem to have the advantage of being able to sync.
I have used both uPNP and Airplay with LMS to my Mini, the latter only when multi-room play is needed. Can I ask what advantage there is to syncing?

I have used both uPNP and Airplay with LMS to my Mini, the latter only when multi-room play is needed. Can I ask what advantage there is to syncing?
I'd guess like in any multi room setting, being able to keep devices in sync means that you don't hear any out of sync music from another device that happens to be in earshot, no matter how quiet. If you did, I'd guess it could be like an annoying echo of what you're listening to

Multi-room without sync could/would be a horrible experience.

Thanks both. I had not realised the syncing referred to multi-room. I can certainly vouch for the fact that it works with Airplay.

Back