Looking for help

rmpotsy

I am looking for a way to transmit music from a turntable/receiver setup in one room to an Denon AVR and/or an AppleTV4K in another room. The AppleTV is connected to the AVR and the AVR is connected to wireless and is Bluetooth capable. Can I connect either the wiim mini or wiim pro to my receiver/turntable (Via RCA or 3.5mm Aux) and have it transmit the music playing on the turntable to the separate AVR? Do I need two of these or will one suffice? Thanks

Why dumb down a solid analog signal to another room via digital and very lossy means? And no, the WiiM won’t do this.

There are turntables with Bluetooth capabilities out there. Even a few RIAA pre-amps have Bluetooth. But you’re doing your vinyl playback capabilities a huge disservice doing so.

I think two wiims, of either / both varients, would do what you want - isn't that the point of being able to group them?!

What receiver is attached to the turntable?
Does the denon avr in the other room have heos?
i.e. an alternative solution might be using a heos ecosystem, such as connecting the TT to a heos (denon) link or other cheap denon/marantz amp with heos.
But two new wiims might be as cheap / cheaper than even a 2nd hand heos solution.

Edit: I don't have two wiims (yet), but do have a heos link and a marantz avr with heos.
Just plugged my phone into the link's line in, grouped the two heos "rooms", and the avr played the same song, as expected. A quick fiddle with audio delay settings in the heos app and it was as close as needed to synchronised.
I've seen that the wiims have audio delay capabilities too, but as I only have one I can't comment on it.

As for doing your vinyl playback a disservice... I'm sure you'll still be able to hear the snap, crackle and pop in the other room ;)

Last edited:
It has been mentioned elsewhere, most recently in this thread
that the wiim's ADC is 'mediocre', and in particular note the max 1v line in recommendation.
Let that influence your decision, or not, however it may.

I have no idea how Heos's adc compares, if you were considering that option, and if your denon has it.
Maybe the only upside to heos is that you might be able to demo it, either in store or at home, before committing.

Failing that, stick to streaming and digital output - wiim shines at that.

Why dumb down a solid analog signal to another room via digital and very lossy means? And no, the WiiM won’t do this.

There are turntables with Bluetooth capabilities out there. Even a few RIAA pre-amps have Bluetooth. But you’re doing your vinyl playback capabilities a huge disservice doing so.
Because the AVR is connected to 5.1 in one room and 3 additional sets of speakers throughout the house and 1 more outside. I would like to be able to listen to the turntable everywhere. Thanks for your help though.

I think two wiims, of either / both varients, would do what you want - isn't that the point of being able to group them?!

What receiver is attached to the turntable?
Does the denon avr in the other room have heos?
i.e. an alternative solution might be using a heos ecosystem, such as connecting the TT to a heos (denon) link or other cheap denon/marantz amp with heos.
But two new wiims might be as cheap / cheaper than even a 2nd hand heos solution.

Edit: I don't have two wiims (yet), but do have a heos link and a marantz avr with heos.
Just plugged my phone into the link's line in, grouped the two heos "rooms", and the avr played the same song, as expected. A quick fiddle with audio delay settings in the heos app and it was as close as needed to synchronised.
I've seen that the wiims have audio delay capabilities too, but as I only have one I can't comment on it.

As for doing your vinyl playback a disservice... I'm sure you'll still be able to hear the snap, crackle and pop in the other room ;)
Its an old Denon 2 channel stereo receiver from the 90s. The AVR has Heos (and bluetooth and wifi) but the Heos link is pretty expensive and I have found their stuff to be a little clunky (the UI in particular I did not like). Although it has been 5 years since I used any of their products. I have 5.1 in one room and 4 additional sets of speakers that are all wired. Do not want to move to a wireless system house wide. Thanks

Back