Mac mini server not showing as 'Home Music Server'

jaykay003

Hi,

I have a Wiim Mini and I was expecting my Mac mini to show up as a ‘Home Music Server’ in the Wiim Home iOS app to stream all of my losses ALAC files but it does not show up.

I have file sharing configured on my Mac mini to share my ALAC folder and I can access it via iOS Home Sharing from my MacBook Air as well as with my iPhone.

I have been searching online to try and figure out why it’s not showing up in the Wiim Home app but no luck so far.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Thank you!
Jason

Thank you for the info!

I was able to setup LMS and now I see my Mac mini in the Wiim Home App!
...and you'll get a better user experience if you install and configure the UPnP Bridge and Material Skin to play your local files to the WiiM vs using the WiiM app, which is currently quite limited for this purpose.

...and you'll get a better user experience if you install and configure the UPnP Bridge and Material Skin to play your local files to the WiiM vs using the WiiM app, which is currently quite limited for this purpose.
sorry to drag p an old thread but is there a way to use LMS and the UPnP bridge with an iphone app?

Yep. Open it in Safari on iPhone but immediately do "Add to Home Screen" and then close. You will find a nice new icon on your Home Screen which will launch it in App mode.

Alternatively there is an iOS app called iPeng (£) which provides both controller and player functions.

thanks for that,

I might be getting confsed a bit but can you use LMS as a server that wiim app can see? is that where the UPnP bridge comes in?

Sorry for the newby qestions bt its my first foray in the servers software

thanks for that,

I might be getting confsed a bit but can you use LMS as a server that wiim app can see? is that where the UPnP bridge comes in?

Sorry for the newby qestions bt its my first foray in the servers software
The UPnP Bridge plugin enables LMS to play to UPnP only (like the WiiM mini) speakers.
There is a DLNA Media Interface (or something like that) plugin that will allow you to see your collection in the WiiM Home app but it hasn't been maintained in 10 years and isn't recommended.

If you want to use the WiiM Home app then you're better off with a standard UPnP server, but you won't get all the extras that come with LMS (artist bio's, album reviews etc).

Last edited:
The UPnP Bridge plugin enables LMS to play to UPnP only (like the WiiM mini) speakers.
There is a DLNA Media Interface (or something like that) plugin that will allow you to see your collection in the WiiM Home app but it hasn't been maintained in 10 years and isn't recommended.

If you want to use the WiiM Home app then you're better off with a standard UPnP server, but you won't get all the extras that come with LMS (artist bio's, album reviews etc).
Adding for clarificaton.
If you use LMS then you need to install Material plugin and access it via your phone/tablet. It becomes like an app but technically isn't.
For all things LMS you control it this way and just use the WiiM app when you need to change something.
LMS has everything that WiiM has and more (except Amazon).

Back