native amazon app volume control does not work

blueyonder

I'm using amazon music, cast from an android phone to a WIIm mini. Iam able to control song selection, stop/start- everything- from within the amazon app, except volume, for which I have to use the Wiim app. I have set streaming quality to HD/ULTRA in the amazon app. I've raised a ticket on this, but had no solution. Has anybody else had this issue?

Sorry, revising my original deleted response - I can’t get this to work on my iPad which I use most of the time, so assumed that’s how it worked for android too. However, on checking, I can cast from my Amazon Music app on my android phone and use the phone’s volume control for my Wiim Pro. I did find an old article saying it only worked for android, so it should work for you.

What phone/android version are you on? Is your amazon app up to date?

Hi thanks for yor answer- I'm using a redmi note 9, and it looks like android version 12.SP1A.210812.016
amazon app is 22.15.12 OTA (#151214)
I think both are the latest available.
I did read on another thread that there is a choice in cast, googlecast or amazon, but I cannot find this option

Hi thanks for yor answer- I'm using a redmi note 9, and it looks like android version 12.SP1A.210812.016
amazon app is 22.15.12 OTA (#151214)
I think both are the latest available.
I did read on another thread that there is a choice in cast, googlecast or amazon, but I cannot find this option
With the Wiim Mini, you don’t have a choice to Chromecast, that’s only for the Pro, but you can AlexaCast (Amazon’s term for casting), or I dare say you could Bluetooth as a last resort.
My app version is the same on my Motorola Edge Fusion 30 which is based on Android 12.

However - I’ve just tried it on my WiiM Mini and it doesn’t work there, while it does for the Pro, so it does look like a bug in the WiiM Mini’s firmware.

Edit: I’ve submitted a ticket too where they can hopefully see why the Mini doesn’t work but the Pro does.

Last edited:
Thanks again, I guess I am alexacasting. I believe BT will result in a loss of quality, so I don't really want to go down that route. Your point re the pro version working OK is the answer I need, yet it's strange as I would have thought that a lot of the software would be common across the two devices. As I previously said, I've already raised a ticket on this, but getting any sort of response from WIIM seems to be very difficult. Let's hope they monitor this forum!

Thanks again, I guess I am alexacasting. I believe BT will result in a loss of quality, so I don't really want to go down that route. Your point re the pro version working OK is the answer I need, yet it's strange as I would have thought that a lot of the software would be common across the two devices. As I previously said, I've already raised a ticket on this, but getting any sort of response from WIIM seems to be very difficult. Let's hope they monitor this forum!
Yeah they do and I generally get a good response from them, so fingers crossed. I’ll tag them here too :)
@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team

I'm using amazon music, cast from an android phone to a WIIm mini. Iam able to control song selection, stop/start- everything- from within the amazon app, except volume, for which I have to use the Wiim app. I have set streaming quality to HD/ULTRA in the amazon app. I've raised a ticket on this, but had no solution. Has anybody else had this issue?

I have a Xiaomi 12T pro.
I can control the volume with AlexaCast.

Turn off Fixed Volume output in the WiiM app's Audio settings.

Press and hold the volume button on the phone. The volume control from the phone only allows you to change the volume of the Wiim in small increments.

My English is Google Translate. Sorry.

I have a Xiaomi 12T pro.
I can control the volume with AlexaCast.

Turn off Fixed Volume output in the WiiM app's Audio settings.

Press and hold the volume button on the phone. The volume control from the phone only allows you to change the volume of the Wiim in small increments.

My English is Google Translate. Sorry.
That turns off bit perfect output so is to be avoided I’d say…

Hi, thanks the fixed volume was already off.
Does issuing a ticket automatically provide a log for analysis? This has been asked for, but when I tried, it just gave me the option to open a further ticket

Hi, thanks the fixed volume was already off.
Does issuing a ticket automatically provide a log for analysis? This has been asked for, but when I tried, it just gave me the option to open a further ticket
Yeah - when you “confirm” the submission of your ticket in the WiiM app it also sends the log. The email you get back can sometimes be ambiguous and talk about you submitting the log again, but I ignore that as I know the app has already done that.

You make a good point, however the discovery that the concern does not occur on the pro version suggests to me that this should be a fairly straightforward fix. I suppose it's the lack of any sort of progress reporting which I find irritating

Strangely, the status on the ticket is still 'being processed'
I suppose I'd rather they concentrate on the fix before the admin though.
It's now the perfect product for my use
thanks again guys

Back