New Guy: Cannot Submit a Ticket *** Solved ***

Quibbley

I've tried registering to submit a ticket for my problems described below. I get stuck in a loop where I enter my info to register and go through the reCaptcha verification process only to get routed by to the register screen again and again and again. I have literally tried about 10 times with the same result so I am creating this thread in hopes that someone from WiiM can reach out to me. This is my first time using their product and I am about ready to pack it up and send back to Amazon after only a few hours of nothing but problems. Sorry, if I'm being harsh but I am very frustrated.

Problem:

I received my WiiM Pro today from Amazon. I have it setup on my 5GHz WiFi with optical audio out to my home theater receiver.

It takes several minutes to connect to Qobuz (when it does decide to connect) when I select Qobuz under Music Services. The app just displays a blank screen with a Back button most of the time and never does anything. But after trying several times and waiting 5 plus minutes, it may connect to Qobuz. A couple of times I managed to get a song eventually started to play. Most of the time the song never plays. If I search around for another song to play, the album work is displayed for the new song but the first song starts playing even though it doesn’t match the album work. It is very frustrating.

I am running the WiiM Home app on an iPhone 13 Pro (IOS 16.2). The WiiM Pro device is in the same room as my router and the Network Status shows “Very Good” in the app. Audio Input set to WiFi. I have Audio Output set to SPDIF. I have the same issues when running the WiiM Home app on my iPad Pro (IOS16.2).

I've tried rebooting the WiiM Pro. I've tried uninstall and reinstalling the WiiM Home app. The firmware for the WiiM Pro is up to date. Nothing is working.

Hopefully this is a case of user error.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

Attachments

• B5A23691-2517-411F-89A2-C121F48EFFD4.png
    B5A23691-2517-411F-89A2-C121F48EFFD4.png
    933.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi Quibbley, sorry for the inconvenience caused. To help us troubleshoot this issue further, can you please help send a feedback via the WiiM Home App by selecting the Settings tab > Feedback? We'll check this issue immediately after receiving your feedback ticket. Thank you!

Meanwhile, can you use the native Qobuz app and tap the chromecast button on the top left corner to stream the music to the WiiM Pro through the Chromecast?

I'm will be out of town most of the day today. I tried to log this originally using Feedback in the app on my iPhone but I was stuck in a loop and could not complete the registration process. I would enter my name, email address, complete the reCatcha process, and click the Register button. Then I was redirected back to the registration screen again. I tried registering several times when the same result. I was never prompted to create a password.

I will try registering again this evening using my MacBook and testing Chromecast in the native Qobuz app on my iPhone.

Thanks,
Jeff

I had a few spare minutes before heading out of town. I sent a feedback via the app, case# 7450.

The cast icon is in the upper right corner of the Qobuz app, not the left.

I clicked on the icon and the WiiM Pro was not listed, see the attached pic.

I clicked on the Airplay icon on the bottom center of the screen and the WiiM Pro is listed, see the attached pic.

I am able to use Airplay without any issues. There is no latency unlike the Qobuz app.

Attachments

• 9A5B1D0E-B6EB-4FDC-864F-774B40F2A080.png
    9A5B1D0E-B6EB-4FDC-864F-774B40F2A080.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 8
  • C932AF3E-663D-46B2-AC30-ABAB36636528.png
    C932AF3E-663D-46B2-AC30-ABAB36636528.png
    931.3 KB · Views: 8
I had a few spare minutes before heading out of town. I sent a feedback via the app, case# 7450.

The cast icon is in the upper right corner of the Qobuz app, not the left.

I clicked on the icon and the WiiM Pro was not listed, see the attached pic.

I clicked on the Airplay icon on the bottom center of the screen and the WiiM Pro is listed, see the attached pic.

I am able to use Airplay without any issues. There is no latency unlike the Qobuz app.
Have you setup Chromecast for the Pro in the WiiM app?

Chromcast is enabled in the WiiM Home app. I don’t see anything in the Qobuz app for Chromecast setup

Yeah, was only asking about the WiiM app - I don’t think there’s any setup required on the Qobuz app.

When I choose the icon in the top right hand corner on the Qobuz app on my iPad , my Pro appears as a Chromecast target (see screenshot) - if I choose that, it then connects and plays quite happily from the Qobuz app as intended.

Are your iPad and WiiM Pro on the same wifi network?

Attachments

• 8B47C69C-BDFF-469B-9280-B5C23AB8FE31.jpeg
    8B47C69C-BDFF-469B-9280-B5C23AB8FE31.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 5
Yes, my iPad, iPhone, and WiiM Home app are connected to the same WiFi network. I have a T-Mobile 5G modem/router. This is T-Mobile 5G home Internet access, not a hotspot. It has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I checked my Internet speed using Fast.command I’m getting 150Mbps on the download speed but I don’t if there is any packet loss though.

Yes, local permissions is enabled under Settings/Qobuz/Local Network on both iPad and iPhone.

I played with WiiM Home for a few minutes this evening. It seems to be behaving better this evening. I’m not seeing as much squirrelly behavior so far and the latency after selecting a song and before it starts playing seems to be around 5 - 10 seconds, loading up the buffer. Last night, 9 out of 10 times the songs would never start and if it did, it was usually play the wrong song, something I selected previously that never started. Just as a reference, songs would start less than a second if I connected my Apple Music on my iPhone to the WiiM Pro using AirPlay even when streaming Lossless. ( I realize that I won't get HiRes when using AirPlay but the music still sounds pretty good.)

Also, I just realized that I am not getting gapless playing. There is about 3 or 4 seconds gaps between songs tonight. Should I expect gapless playback?

Thanks,
Jeff

I think I spoke too soon. I was playing a Fleetwood Mac song, I searched for some Bob Seger and tapped on Night Moves while Fleetwood Mac was still playing. The Bob Seger song did not start to play after about 20 seconds, give or take, so I tapped the Play icon and Fleetwood Mac started playing even though the album art was showing Bob Seger. I can’t get the Bob Seger song to play. Hmmm…..

I was able to play the Bob Seger song. Apparently I needed to wait a little bit, the time it took me to write my prior post, before the app was ready to play the Bob Seger song. Is it normal to have to wait that long to switch songs?

I apologize for all of the posts but I am trying provide accurate and detailed info.

Ok, I thought I has CromeCast enabled in the WiiM Home app but I didn't. I selected the option to enable ChromeCast when initially installing the app but I checked this in the Settings and it needed to be enabled. I enabled it and rebooted the device for good measure. Attached is a screenshot showing what I think is telling that ChromeCast is enabled. ChromeCast is still not an option in the native Qobuz app.

The WiiM Home app seems to play songs sometimes and sometimes not when using Qobuz. I guess it’s possible that I am doing something wrong and don’t realize it.

I am able to play music okay when using Apple Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, and Qobuz native apps when using AirPlay. I don’t see any options for ChromeCast in any of the apps when I search for devices. The WiiM Pro only shows up under AirPlay devices. Maybe I don't have ChromeCast enabled and I just think I do. Can you have both AirPlay and ChromeCast enabled at the same time or can only one be enabled at a time?

Do you see the WiiM in your Google Home app as a Chromecast device? Are all your devices on the same network/VLAN/SSID? Is the WiiM using a 5 GHz WiFi connection?

I did not have the Google Home app installed because I am using Apple devices but your question prompted me to install the app. I now have the app installed and an option for ChromeCast in the Qobuz app. I am able to cast to the WiiM Pro from the Qobuz app.

Also, I figured out something else that may have been a significant factor. I have the WiiM Pro connected to my home theater receiver while my 1974 Pioneer receiver is in the shop getting some much needed love. My home theater receiver is connected to my Roku TV using an eARC connection so the TV controls the receiver. It seems like there may be a pass through issue with the HDMI control when the TV is off and I’m controlling the home theater receiver with the receiver's remote. It played around with the WiiM Home app with the TV turned on and the source on the TV set to my receiver and the WiiM Pro app seems to work correctly, at least for my short test.

Not having the Google Home app installed on my devices may explain why the native streaming music apps worked fine when using Apple AirPlay and ChromeCast wasn’t listed as an option. And the squirrelly behavior with the WiiM Home app may be related to my receiver being controlled by Roku TV with eARC connection and the TV not being turned on or not set the receiver as the source, i.e. pass through not working as expected. I will play with this some more to see if my issues are resolved. Hopefully, they are. I realize this was way out in left field so to speak.

I will post an update just in case anyone reads this post in the future.

I spent a few days experimenting with the WiiM Home app now that I figured out how to use the WiiM Pro with my home theater setup. Note, the firmware version on the WiiM Pro and app version on my iPhone and iPad are the latest versions as of the writing of this post.

Accessing Qobuz through WiiM Home app is virtually useless. It will not play any songs I select except on rare occasions. Most of the time the album work is displayed for the selected song but cannot get any music to play. If I select a different song then on the off chance that music plays, it's the previous selected song but the album artwork displayed is for the current selected song.

Amazon Music seems to work fine in the WiiM Home app. So my problem is only when using Qobuz through the WiiM Home app.

My last test was to play a song using Amazon Music in the WiiM Home app, stop the song, switch to Qobuz in the WiiM Home app, pick a different song to play. The album artwork displayed is for the selected song but the song that played was the song that I had played in Amazon Music even though I was in Qobuz.

If I connect my iPhone or iPad to a music service's native app by AirPlay or ChromeCast, these apps function just fine.

So in conclusion, the WiiM Home app is virtually useless for me since I only use Amazon Music and Qobuz. I use Apple Music but with the aWiiM Home app. I realize for the vast majority of other people that the app works acceptably. I don't know why it doesn't work for me and I can't figure it out. I have spent over 5 hours experimenting to no avail.

I purchased the WiiM Pro from Amazon. I will keep it because I will use in with my vintage Pioneer receiver when it comes back from the shop. I like the sound the DAC produces.

I have never given any product a bad rating but unfortunately I cannot give this product a good rating based my my experience. I will probably give this a three star rating of Amazon because I think the DAC sounds good and works with music services' native apps. I hope that integration with Qobuz improves in time with future updates. I appreciate the hard work of the folks at WiiM for bringing us affordable products and working hard to improve them.

Thanks,
Jeff

Interesting. I mostly use the WiiM Home app for the three things it does best:
  • Configuration and maintenance - Initial setup of the hardware, then monitoring network status, firmware version, etc.
  • Adding devices to the WiiM that's playing content, if I want multiroom on the fly.
  • Adding and selecting network streams for Internet radio (which the WiiM is brilliant at, IMHO). I'd like to be able to assign these to presets (and attach logos), which it can't do today, but perhaps will in the future.
For most everything else, I'm using the content services' apps with which the WiiM Pro integrates pretty seamlessly.

I spent a few days experimenting with the WiiM Home app now that I figured out how to use the WiiM Pro with my home theater setup. Note, the firmware version on the WiiM Pro and app version on my iPhone and iPad are the latest versions as of the writing of this post.

Accessing Qobuz through WiiM Home app is virtually useless. It will not play any songs I select except on rare occasions. Most of the time the album work is displayed for the selected song but cannot get any music to play. If I select a different song then on the off chance that music plays, it's the previous selected song but the album artwork displayed is for the current selected song.

Amazon Music seems to work fine in the WiiM Home app. So my problem is only when using Qobuz through the WiiM Home app.

My last test was to play a song using Amazon Music in the WiiM Home app, stop the song, switch to Qobuz in the WiiM Home app, pick a different song to play. The album artwork displayed is for the selected song but the song that played was the song that I had played in Amazon Music even though I was in Qobuz.

If I connect my iPhone or iPad to a music service's native app by AirPlay or ChromeCast, these apps function just fine.

So in conclusion, the WiiM Home app is virtually useless for me since I only use Amazon Music and Qobuz. I use Apple Music but with the aWiiM Home app. I realize for the vast majority of other people that the app works acceptably. I don't know why it doesn't work for me and I can't figure it out. I have spent over 5 hours experimenting to no avail.

I purchased the WiiM Pro from Amazon. I will keep it because I will use in with my vintage Pioneer receiver when it comes back from the shop. I like the sound the DAC produces.

I have never given any product a bad rating but unfortunately I cannot give this product a good rating based my my experience. I will probably give this a three star rating of Amazon because I think the DAC sounds good and works with music services' native apps. I hope that integration with Qobuz improves in time with future updates. I appreciate the hard work of the folks at WiiM for bringing us affordable products and working hard to improve them.

Thanks,
Jeff
Why aren't you using the amazon app to cast to wiim? Is that not available where you live?
As for qobuz, maybe try another app, such as bubbleupnp.

Last edited:
Besides the affordability factor, the other thing about the WiiM Pro that appealed to me is its integration with with Qobuz via the WiiM Home app. Let me explain and someone tell me if I am mistaken.

I am using Apple devices therefore AirPlay 2 is my preferred method for connecting wirelessly to the WiiM Pro. The problem is, that I can stream Hi Res music using the Apple Music app or the Qobuz app to my Apple devices but AirPlay 2 bit rate is limited to 16bit/44.1kHz. So while I can stream Hi Res music to my Apple device, AirPlay 2 scales it back to 16bit/44.1kHz for wireless transmission to the WiiM Pro. Therefore, I am not actually playing Hi Res quality on my home theater receiver, only cd quality which still sounds good, just not as good.

It is my understanding that using the WiiM Home app's integration with Qobuz that I could stream Hi Res music directly to the WiiM Pro from the music service (e.g. Qobuz, Amazon, etc. but not Apple Music) and the WiiM Pro would decode the Hi Res signal and transmit the Hi Res quality music to my home theater receiver via the optical audio cable. Am I mistaken about this? If so, can someone explain how this actually works?

At this time, I resigned to not being able to stream Hi Res music directly to the WiiM Pro using Qobuz because the Qobuz integration functionality in the WiiM Home app is not working for me.

Back