New Guy: Cannot Submit a Ticket *** Solved ***

Quibbley

I've tried registering to submit a ticket for my problems described below. I get stuck in a loop where I enter my info to register and go through the reCaptcha verification process only to get routed by to the register screen again and again and again. I have literally tried about 10 times with the same result so I am creating this thread in hopes that someone from WiiM can reach out to me. This is my first time using their product and I am about ready to pack it up and send back to Amazon after only a few hours of nothing but problems. Sorry, if I'm being harsh but I am very frustrated.

Problem:

I received my WiiM Pro today from Amazon. I have it setup on my 5GHz WiFi with optical audio out to my home theater receiver.

It takes several minutes to connect to Qobuz (when it does decide to connect) when I select Qobuz under Music Services. The app just displays a blank screen with a Back button most of the time and never does anything. But after trying several times and waiting 5 plus minutes, it may connect to Qobuz. A couple of times I managed to get a song eventually started to play. Most of the time the song never plays. If I search around for another song to play, the album work is displayed for the new song but the first song starts playing even though it doesn’t match the album work. It is very frustrating.

I am running the WiiM Home app on an iPhone 13 Pro (IOS 16.2). The WiiM Pro device is in the same room as my router and the Network Status shows “Very Good” in the app. Audio Input set to WiFi. I have Audio Output set to SPDIF. I have the same issues when running the WiiM Home app on my iPad Pro (IOS16.2).

I've tried rebooting the WiiM Pro. I've tried uninstall and reinstalling the WiiM Home app. The firmware for the WiiM Pro is up to date. Nothing is working.

Hopefully this is a case of user error.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

Attachments

• B5A23691-2517-411F-89A2-C121F48EFFD4.png
    B5A23691-2517-411F-89A2-C121F48EFFD4.png
    933.9 KB · Views: 3
Use chromecast from qobuz app?
Limited to 96khz I believe, and maybe not gapless.
You'd need to set up the pro in the google home app first.
Or mconnect? Not used it myself.

And back to amazon, use the native app and cast it.
You need to set up amazon in the wiim's menus, and enable uhd there too.

I received your pm with the instructions for setting up Chromecast from the Amazon Music app. It’s working. I signed up for the free trail for their Unlimited plan to get hd/uhd. I can cast from the Amazon Music app using Chromecast and AirPlay 2. I will listen for a couple of days to see if I can hear any difference in the audio quality between the two. I don’t consider myself an audiophile so my ears may not be able to perceive any differences. Lossless music on Apple Music sounds pretty good too over AirPlay 2. I know Apple has their own codec.

I received your pm with the instructions for setting up Chromecast from the Amazon Music app. It’s working. I signed up for the free trail for their Unlimited plan to get hd/uhd. I can cast from the Amazon Music app using Chromecast and AirPlay 2. I will listen for a couple of days to see if I can hear any difference in the audio quality between the two. I don’t consider myself an audiophile so my ears may not be able to perceive any differences. Lossless music on Apple Music sounds pretty good too over AirPlay 2. I know Apple has their own codec.
  • You should be able to utilize AlexaCast to stream Amazon UHD in full resolution, so long as you have defined your WiiM as a speaker in Alexa.
  • WiiM supports ALAC (Apple's lossless codec).
  • I'm not a Qobuz customer so can't confirm the following, but apparently you should be able to get up to 24/192 quality with Qobuz via the WiiM Home app. https://faq-mini.wiimhome.com/suppo...0525434-how-do-i-get-192-24-audio-from-qobuz-
  • If something's not working correctly, report it to WiiM Support from within the WiiM Home app, and they'll create a support incident for you.

Besides the affordability factor, the other thing about the WiiM Pro that appealed to me is its integration with with Qobuz via the WiiM Home app. Let me explain and someone tell me if I am mistaken.

I am using Apple devices therefore AirPlay 2 is my preferred method for connecting wirelessly to the WiiM Pro. The problem is, that I can stream Hi Res music using the Apple Music app or the Qobuz app to my Apple devices but AirPlay 2 bit rate is limited to 16bit/44.1kHz. So while I can stream Hi Res music to my Apple device, AirPlay 2 scales it back to 16bit/44.1kHz for wireless transmission to the WiiM Pro. Therefore, I am not actually playing Hi Res quality on my home theater receiver, only cd quality which still sounds good, just not as good.

It is my understanding that using the WiiM Home app's integration with Qobuz that I could stream Hi Res music directly to the WiiM Pro from the music service (e.g. Qobuz, Amazon, etc. but not Apple Music) and the WiiM Pro would decode the Hi Res signal and transmit the Hi Res quality music to my home theater receiver via the optical audio cable. Am I mistaken about this? If so, can someone explain how this actually works?

At this time, I resigned to not being able to stream Hi Res music directly to the WiiM Pro using Qobuz because the Qobuz integration functionality in the WiiM Home app is not working for me.
I can use ChromeCast from my iPad Qobuz app to the Wiim pro at 24/96 (Qobuz restricts it to that) - lossless and much better than Airplay

I spent a few days experimenting with the WiiM Home app now that I figured out how to use the WiiM Pro with my home theater setup. Note, the firmware version on the WiiM Pro and app version on my iPhone and iPad are the latest versions as of the writing of this post.

Accessing Qobuz through WiiM Home app is virtually useless. It will not play any songs I select except on rare occasions. Most of the time the album work is displayed for the selected song but cannot get any music to play. If I select a different song then on the off chance that music plays, it's the previous selected song but the album artwork displayed is for the current selected song.

Amazon Music seems to work fine in the WiiM Home app. So my problem is only when using Qobuz through the WiiM Home app.

My last test was to play a song using Amazon Music in the WiiM Home app, stop the song, switch to Qobuz in the WiiM Home app, pick a different song to play. The album artwork displayed is for the selected song but the song that played was the song that I had played in Amazon Music even though I was in Qobuz.

If I connect my iPhone or iPad to a music service's native app by AirPlay or ChromeCast, these apps function just fine.

So in conclusion, the WiiM Home app is virtually useless for me since I only use Amazon Music and Qobuz. I use Apple Music but with the aWiiM Home app. I realize for the vast majority of other people that the app works acceptably. I don't know why it doesn't work for me and I can't figure it out. I have spent over 5 hours experimenting to no avail.

I purchased the WiiM Pro from Amazon. I will keep it because I will use in with my vintage Pioneer receiver when it comes back from the shop. I like the sound the DAC produces.

I have never given any product a bad rating but unfortunately I cannot give this product a good rating based my my experience. I will probably give this a three star rating of Amazon because I think the DAC sounds good and works with music services' native apps. I hope that integration with Qobuz improves in time with future updates. I appreciate the hard work of the folks at WiiM for bringing us affordable products and working hard to improve them.

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

It seems the preferred DNS server on the device doesn't work well for your Qobuz's music service. Can you please tweak this option from the WiiM Home App? The steps are -
1. Select the Devices tab, and tap the device setting gear icon
2. Choose the "Network Status"
3. Find the option of "Preferred DNS server", please turn it off if this option is turned on.

Please check if it works for you. If it still doesn't work for you, please send us a feedback with the WiiM Home App by selecting the Settings tab > Feedback. We'll troubleshoot it quickly for you.

There're many happy users using the Qobuz to the highest 192k/24bit audio so we're sure that Qobuz works well with WiiM Pro. Many times we see there's some tweak needed in our user network settings. It seems we have the same problem for your use case. Thank you!

Wow, turning off the Preferred DNS Server fixed all of the problems!! The Qobuz integration seems to be working as it should now. I will play around with it some more but I am optimistic that it’s working now.

WiiM Support - I ran through my test scenarios and everything seems to be working as expected. Thank you so much for your help.

I logged a case for this using Feedback in app, case #7450, on 1/15. This can be closed. I think I’m all set now.

Thanks to every else who helped with this as well. I learned a lot in the process and I have more options for streaming Hi Res music.

Back