New wiim pro just stutter

Misterg

New wiim pro. On a 5ghz only connection with excellent signal strength. 1gb internet.

It plays the test audio just fine.

If I try airplay or Amazon music direct in the app it looks like the sample rate hunts everywhere (amp display) and it has severe stuttering or no audio output at all

New wiim pro. On a 5ghz only connection with excellent signal strength. 1gb internet.

If I try airplay or Amazon music direct in the app it looks like the sample rate hunts everywhere (amp display) and it has severe stuttering or no audio output at all
I don’t have that issue. Try to reboot if that fix it.

If the sample rate is “hunting” it may be because bitferfect is only possible through max volume output of the WiiM and has been covered elsewhere in the forum and instructions. Check to see if variable output has been turned off and fixed volume output has been selected.

SPDIF connection must be resynced with the DAC when sample rate changes for example from 96 kHz to 48 kHz. You would hear a gap during volume change if above happens.
WiiM could downsample just a content without changing a sample rate on the output, but it would be visible in the measured frequency response. Such thing doesn't happen either.

The sample it runs when you adjust the output settings plays fine at any output with no issues.

It is set to full volume only modd. (One of the first things I did because it's my quietest source)

The sample it runs when you adjust the output settings plays fine at any output with no issues.

It is set to full volume only modd. (One of the first things I did because it's my quietest source)
What about files played locally from the app? Or those ones from UPnP server if you have any?

What is the DAC and what is it's stated capabaility over Optical?
What have you set the digital output on the WiiM to be?

Leave Airplay for now as that is bit rate limited to 24/48 IIRC and may be confsing the issue - what does a regular 16/44.1 FLAC source sound like e.g. Radio Paradise?

What is the DAC and what is it's stated capabaility over Optical?
What have you set the digital output on the WiiM to be?

Leave Airplay for now as that is bit rate limited to 24/48 IIRC and may be confsing the issue - what does a regular 16/44.1 FLAC source sound like e.g. Radio Paradise?
No dac, amp is pwm and 32bit/768kHz max. I set the digital out to each setting. Sample always is OK, but everything else is bad at each.

However before I got a chance to try anything else I found a way to adjust "spdif sense" which "compensates for high jitter from the source" on the amp (1-9) and audio stabilizes at 5/9. There's still a weird quality to it though, a subtle robotic fuzziness. I think coaxial does it too but less. I'll have to tinker with it more

Last edited:
Bear in mind that the samples are contained on the device itself and that unless you are using Aux In everything else is via WiFi.
Although you say you have excellent signal strength that doesn't necessarily mean that your WiFi isn't subject to other issues e.g. interference.

Samples are OK which implies the connection to the DAC in the Amp is good.
What is Aux In like? That also by passes any WiFi.
Have you tried Pro's ethernet?

Back