No MQA after last update

Gscott

Major Contributor
MQA using Tidal Connect worked on my Topping E50 DAC using coax before the recent update. I just noticed the DAC no longer indicates MQA when a MQA track is selected. MQA Beta is on. MQA capabilties is selected. Fixed Volume output is selected. EQ is off. Any help would greatly appreciated!

MQA using Tidal Connect worked on my Topping E50 DAC using coax before the recent update. I just noticed the DAC no longer indicates MQA when a MQA track is selected. MQA Beta is on. MQA capabilties is selected. Fixed Volume output is selected. EQ is off. Any help would greatly appreciated!
I have noticed that too. All I’m getting was pcm and ofc.

Another reason to simply subscribe to hifi rather than hifi plus.
I don't miss any little blue lights I never had :)

And it'll only take me two years of those savings to buy a pro.
Probably just in time for them to arrive in Oz....

We have received your tickets and found that the resolution of coaxial output is only 16/48kHz. We need resample the MQA bitstreams to 16/48kHz to output stream and it will break the MQA flag, so your MAC can't detect MQA streaming.
Please go to Device tab -> Device settings gear icon -> Audio Settings -> Coax Output Resolution to change the output resolution to more than 24/96kHz.
If you still have this issue, please help send us a feedback on WiiM Home app, we will check it immediately after receiving it.

Please check the above comment.

In my case, I'm using SPDIF/TOSLINK at 24bit/192Khz.
Fixed Volume Output - Enabled
MQA Beta -> Enabled
External DAC - MQA
Mono Audio - Disabled
Still no Joy! My DAC still indicates PCM instead of MQA

I've just purchased the Topping E50 and see no MQA either.
I see the light OFS lights occasionally
Confusing for me?
So it should indicate MQA?

I've just purchased the Topping E50 and see no MQA either.
I see the light OFS lights occasionally
Confusing for me?
So it should indicate MQA?
OFS (Original Frequency Spectrum) is an indication the DAC is working properly when a MQA track is detected. Mine works the same way. Well, use to before the last update!:(

My Pro shows this with certain albums

vQR7Z-Oa7A8GcQD8mHKylxKHxVr_V4Y4wfEI4bipxVDhcvXgJD_QbtQAfLgqOyGHaBrbQUi5xo8qMQzG6pabVHQO02Cc-2vRfX6tSYG2wi1H53VFUrypTaBdX8PqrFjr2lELx8bu7_GQ8un2ZTMMdwS53c_c1FfjiC0nIC7MmjK0y3g0dRcbOzjTmQa38zh8W8uunXnOalm-RrPE4EJN8xKc9it7AyYKt7u_yphUs1xvTXZ2b5Af60MPflCCl0-vPw-R4lVAtLXrVbOWYTcZsYTf1Z1aCRLTH7YY4ZnvFZqA2w6j1FzMLrRV5cB6jrmasjybfvAerSLKQXyCNjZT_c66SFZDdhG9BpW3WpbW41rdUaP6j-PKpSyPa7ezu9xpSZoDYJ24_DFmN1fxqj4prWXtifeff4yoR-Bv69nN86D7K6fbmHUoCa_1mnHFnEZeOZbIyX6QZDHxn7kCAgSgVxoYGnhsr2mj8qxzap1H2T5MeaIld6Qj1zsqMw-MUbLNHl-JRHNSy9c-dL3j9GMFhVyK2IqV7K6w32g4SvgKzC1spgyfOEpliBY0QUBiEsafizUChCxPmTOQaVrsI1LQEcaC_m8t1uhSjdD3Sg0y8KTBeEM7YvGfqfJWBwIKUwqIGc4QZMlul47XHlcNuemuE_tJPNEbql473jbKmAhxvhOUFdffVNV-B22XvHWkqXux46vIAlr76wJ8MCbIJGuXwgHBEQN6FQ2ixAuT8v7fmebkBcYCmYqxCSdycdNlz2kOd4tYAJD7hAECzk2td7mbPO8JvOxaHst3w1-7sALS6YW52OyrBjLMVDHKbioUB46lBXzCqrnif8QqGrNJexOJ1hyGEQuls99nbzssMAtuKKO0x_v8zscInkdQlGU1czxY1zaoLifaI1zK1tBseyJV3SRzpH0pn8Qv0SwdR9JipEKW5rJLVA=w714-h952-s-no

Ah, yes I realised that. I have deleted the new app version and downloaded an older version from Jan 2023
WiiM has done a good job working out the bugs. Until they get it figured out, I'll listen to MQA with the laptop using USB to the Topping, which does indicate MQA. Hint...Hint...it's not the DAC!:giggle:

Back