No MQA after last update

Wiim update to 2.4.0 today

Got renderer only support for MQA beta

My ifi idsd signature still can’t benefit from this update. Tidal couldn’t got MQA!

Btw my ifi xdsd gryphon MQA function as usual

Wiim update to 2.4.0 today

Got renderer only support for MQA beta

My ifi idsd signature still can’t benefit from this update. Tidal couldn’t got MQA!

Btw my ifi xdsd gryphon MQA function as usual
I was told by WiiM support when I first reported the no MQA issue to select "NO MQA" when selecting MQA capabilities of external DAC. I see renderer only is back in the new update. Does NO MQA still apply with renderer only? I ask because with the previous update you had to select NO MQA, which was not clear at all, to get my DAC to indicate it was playing an MQA track.

I was told by WiiM support when I first reported the no MQA issue to select "NO MQA" when selecting MQA capabilities of external DAC. I see renderer only is back in the new update. Does NO MQA still apply with renderer only? I ask because with the previous update you had to select NO MQA, which was not clear at all, to get my DAC to indicate it was playing an MQA track.
I'm assuming "renderer only" negates MQA OFF.

I've no idea what are those mqa settings supposed to do now.
A stream passthrough is all you need to do to get the audio stream unfolded by the dac if you have an mqa decoder.
If you have an mqa renderer you need to unfold it first on the streamer to let your dac perform further unfolds.
If your dac cannot unfold at all you can unfold to 88.2/96 on the streamer and that's fine.

Why selecting dac mqa abilities? "Decoder and renderer" doesn't make any sense to me.

I've no idea what are those mqa settings supposed to do now.
A stream passthrough is all you need to do to get the audio stream unfolded by the dac if you have an mqa decoder.
If you have an mqa renderer you need to unfold it first on the streamer to let your dac perform further unfolds.
If your dac cannot unfold at all you can unfold to 88.2/96 on the streamer and that's fine.

Why selecting dac mqa abilities? "Decoder and renderer" doesn't make any sense to me.
I think it's input specific to your DAC. I use a Topping E50. The USB input is "Decoder and Renderer and coax is "Renderer only, which indicates to me WiiM does the first unfold the DAC does the rest.

I think it's input specific to your DAC. I use a Topping E50. The USB input is "Decoder and Renderer and coax is "Renderer only, which indicates to me WiiM does the first unfold the DAC does the rest.
Turning on MQA Beta in the WiiM app indicates, that the first unfold will be done on the WiiM. What's the point of setting "Renderer only" if it's set already that WiiM will unfold? What's the point of setting "Decoder and Renderer" if it's set already that WiiM will unfold?

Turning on MQA Beta in the WiiM app indicates, that the first unfold will be done on the WiiM. What's the point of setting "Renderer only" if it's set already that WiiM will unfold? What's the point of setting "Decoder and Renderer" if it's set already that WiiM will unfold?
Maybe there will be a future WiiM Pro with USB output.

Is it to hard to check app before release? It is not the first time wiim team breaks something because of app.

Is it to hard to check app before release? It is not the first time wiim team breaks something because of app.
Unless you have a second device to test it on, no. WiiM have already said they’re committed to having a gatekeeper to minimise re introducing bugs or breaking existing features in a new release. You either trust them to improve in doing so or not.

I have 2 different dac the first one smsl do 200 mk ii and it doesn’t matter if mqa toggle on or off it’s still show mqa logo either with blue or green dot with variable sampling on different music. Topping e50 need those toggle to work right but when I choose renderer it shows ofc instead of mqa. I’m not sure if ofc is mqa or not.

I have 2 different dac the first one smsl do 200 mk ii and it doesn’t matter if mqa toggle on or off it’s still show mqa logo either with blue or green dot with variable sampling on different music. Topping e50 need those toggle to work right but when I choose renderer it shows ofc instead of mqa. I’m not sure if ofc is mqa or not.
I hope this helps.

I think we should wait for Roon ready in Q2 because neither airplay nor chromecast can do mqa at the moment

OFS, is the correct flag for final mqa unfold on E50

Back