Norton said no!

Gscott

Major Contributor
I was going to install the beta app for windows. Norton Anti Virus said No! As soon as the download was completed and scanned by NAV, it was immediately quarantined and deleted by NAV. Curious!

it does not give you the option to trust unknown publisher like Apple does?
It does not. It quarantines and deletes it before I can do anything. I just downloaded again, same thing. I do see an option to "restore and exclude" when I check the details within NAV.

Tried it again. Norton immediately deleted the file..."threat has been removed. No other action needed."
What does Norton give as the reason for deletion?

It does not. It quarantines and deletes it before I can do anything. I just downloaded again, same thing. I do see an option to "restore and exclude" when I check the details within NAV.
I find this hard to believe.

You can usually always configure AV to A: Quarantine not delete B: Whitelist.

Sounds like you've found the whitelist option you need. There'll be some way in NAV to whitelist.

Guessing you have PUPs enable? Protentional Unwanted Program. That crap blocks any app it thinks maybe dodgy. Like legit Torrents apps because they can be used for illegal means but it doesn't man the actual app is dodgy.

Personally I'd get rid of NAV. Windows Defender is solid.

What does Norton give as the reason for deletion?

I find this hard to believe.

You can usually always configure AV to A: Quarantine not delete B: Whitelist.

Sounds like you've found the whitelist option you need. There'll be some way in NAV to whitelist.

Guessing you have PUPs enable? Protentional Unwanted Program. That crap blocks any app it thinks maybe dodgy. Like legit Torrents apps because they can be used for illegal means but it doesn't man the actual app is dodgy.

Personally I'd get rid of NAV. Windows Defender is solid.
From previous post...."I do see an option to "restore and exclude" when I check the details within NAV". Glad you like Windows Defender. Stay with it!!!

Last edited:
For a few really troublesome .exe files or uncertified software, many internet security suites can be temporarily disabled if you wish to download or install software that you or I have determined to be safe. A driver signature or certification ( that tags along with the software's digital signature) usually eliminates this problem in the first place.
Just check the safety rating or reputation of a file independently on your own . . and if you can disable Norton, download and install.
Hope that is some help.

For a few really troublesome .exe files or uncertified software, many internet security suites can be temporarily disabled if you wish to download or install software that you or I have determined to be safe. A driver signature or certification ( that tags along with the software's digital signature) usually eliminates this problem in the first place.
Just check the safety rating or reputation of a file independently on your own . . and if you can disable Norton, download and install.
Hope that is some help.
Thanks!

Back