Optical cables dont fit

jensende

Hi

I have now two Wiim Minis and they dont accept a bit more expensive oprical cables the simply just fall out and dont snap in to place.

I have now tried with three different ones:

Supra Zac
Chord C-lite optical
Atlas Element Optical

None of these snap in to place (the work with the rest of the equipment at home).

The supplied cable obibously works fine but I would like to have a better optical cable.

What do you guys use? suggest? Is there a high quality optical cable that fits ?

Regards
Jens

I found this from the Wireworld’s (manufacturer) site.

“It's not just 1's and 0's, it's the timing!
There is a fundamental difference between the transfer of computer data and digital audio signals. Computers are able to transfer digital data without loss, because the data moves in the robust form of blocks, which do not depend on specific timing between the sending and receiving devices. However, digital audio signals are continuous streams of data, which are quite fragile, since the digital processor must remain perfectly locked onto the timing of the signal to avoid data losses.

The Limitations of digital audio processors and cables create timing errors known as jitter, which remove portions of the audio signal and replace them with noise and distortion. Cables tend to round off the square waveforms of the signal, making them less clear to the processor, thus increasing jitter. This rounding effect varies greatly among cables and a truly superior digital audio cable can make great improvements in sound quality.”
This is crackpot invented to sell you more snake oil, nothing more ;-)

Another luminary. They sprout like mushrooms
This is the new word for someone who actually knows what they are talking about? Do you even understand how the data and clock are encoded in the spdif signal ? This might make you understand why the whole "round off square waveforms" is complete nonsense and so are most stories revolving around 'jitter' in the audio world

Back