PEQ filters

if there really should be a peq with the mini .. (or the pro)
there will be something really interesting to dig into....
will become possible to manage on a mini, small etc., filtering and communication with a subwoofer via the analog output in parallel with the main speakers on the toslink...or alone...
(like the small dayton lf dsp )
see a real triphonic management etc...
etc
(the dsp, even modest, dedicated to the processing of subwoofers is very effective)

ps.. this peq you had announced for months before declaring that not possible finally on a mini, not powerful enough and memory, will be possible only on the pro... so your new announcement seems very surprising...
do you hire new resources to work, develop, settle problems, on the "audio" aspect?

Last edited:
if there really should be a peq with the mini .. (or the pro)
there will be something really interesting to dig into....
will become possible to manage on a mini, small etc., filtering and communication with a subwoofer via the analog output in parallel with the main speakers on the toslink...or alone...
(like the small dayton lf dsp )
see a real triphonic management etc...
etc
(the dsp, even modest, dedicated to the processing of subwoofers is very effective)

ps.. this peq you had announced for months before declaring that not possible finally on a mini, not powerful enough and memory, will be possible only on the pro... so your new announcement seems very surprising...
do you hire new resources to work, develop, settle problems, on the "audio" aspect?
After some hard work, we believe PEQ (especially 3 bands one) works well for both Mini and Pro. Pro can support more bands PEQ due to more powerful CPU. We'll release it when passes our internal tests. Please stay tuned!

After some hard work, we believe PEQ (especially 3 bands one) works well for both Mini and Pro. Pro can support more bands PEQ due to more powerful CPU. We'll release it when passes our internal tests. Please stay tuned!
If you could make it 5 bands for Mini that would be better !

@WiiM Support - would you be able to check for an update on the timeline for the release of PEQs? What is also very important is the number of banks you will provide for the Pro (per channel), as I am considering the purchase of a miniDSP Flex for the purpose of applying PEQs for room correction.
The miniDSP provides 10 banks per channel.
Thank You!

@WiiM Support - would you be able to check for an update on the timeline for the release of PEQs? What is also very important is the number of banks you will provide for the Pro (per channel), as I am considering the purchase of a miniDSP Flex for the purpose of applying PEQs for room correction.
The miniDSP provides 10 banks per channel.
Thank You!
Ten bands on every input plus 10 bands on every output, effectively 20 bands per channel in stereo mode. Hard to be beaten.

I think that two or three bands per channel will be enough. PEQ should bè used mainly in attenuation in the bass region.

I noticed that PEQ is not on the Roadmap for the Wiim Pro now. Is this an oversight? I very much hope so. It would be a great feature.

Last edited:
I noticed that PEQ is not on the Roadmap for the Wiim Pro now. Is this an oversight? I very much hope not. It would be a great feature.
Yeah I am curious too. I was just looking for the peq status as it was an important reason I choose to buy the WiiM over other streamers.

Yeah I am curious too. I was just looking for the peq status as it was an important reason I choose to buy the WiiM over other streamers.
I think it's a mistake as the PEQ is still on the roadmap for the Mini.

Dear @WiiM Support, could you please give an update on the promised implementation of PEQ? Some of us (especially Pro owners) are becoming a little frustrated, especially since PEQ is no longer visible on the roadmap for Wiim Pro. Yet, it is still advertised as a feature on the official product page.

Can WiiM provide an update on the status of adding the feature of Parametric Equalization (PEQ) to the WiiM Pro streamer ?

Thanks

Back