"Play" option for album listings

rjcrum

Hi. New to my Wiim Pro, which I got a little over a week ago, so I'm still learning. My question is related to playing a list of albums returned by my Asset UPnP DLNA server, which is running on a Synology NAS.

Here's what I'm trying to do. When browsing my music library, I frequently want to listen to all albums by a particular artist, or since Asset UPnP can return a list of albums in a genre, or by artist, I'd like to play that whole list of albums. In addition, I would like to have the albums play in a random order--shuffle play, if you will.

But as I see it right now, when presented with a list of albums (by artist...genre...random list) I see no way to simply "play" that list of albums, nor do I see a way to add the list of albums to the current queue, which would also solve the problem. What I was expecting was a big green "play" button that you get in the app when presented with a list of tracks.

Below is an image of a listing of the tracks in an album (all my classical works are considered "albums"), with a big green "play" button. Hit the button...and it plays the album. Simple.

20230227_001448000_iOS.png

I'd like to see that same "play" button for a list of albums, like these two examples. In the first one, I'd like a "play" button to play all these works by Balakierev.
1677460332053.png

In this second one, I'd like to play these albums, which have been randomly selected by Asset.
1677460542935.png

I'm migrating from a 19-year old Turtle Beach Audiotron, which had the ability to navigate to a particular artist, and then I could hit "play" and it would play all albums by that artist.

I put this in the "Troubleshoot Issues" forum, but if there is no current solution, I guess it belongs in the "enhancement request" forum.

I looked at that because of the many mentions. But it doesn’t run on Synology DSM 7, which I need, and the client doesn't run on iOS, which I need. So kind of a non-starter!

Hi. New to my Wiim Pro, which I got a little over a week ago, so I'm still learning. My question is related to playing a list of albums returned by my Asset UPnP DLNA server, which is running on a Synology NAS.

Here's what I'm trying to do. When browsing my music library, I frequently want to listen to all albums by a particular artist, or since Asset UPnP can return a list of albums in a genre, or by artist, I'd like to play that whole list of albums. In addition, I would like to have the albums play in a random order--shuffle play, if you will.

But as I see it right now, when presented with a list of albums (by artist...genre...random list) I see no way to simply "play" that list of albums, nor do I see a way to add the list of albums to the current queue, which would also solve the problem. What I was expecting was a big green "play" button that you get in the app when presented with a list of tracks.

Below is an image of a listing of the tracks in an album (all my classical works are considered "albums"), with a big green "play" button. Hit the button...and it plays the album. Simple.

View attachment 431

I'd like to see that same "play" button for a list of albums, like these two examples. In the first one, I'd like a "play" button to play all these works by Balakierev.
View attachment 433

In this second one, I'd like to play these albums, which have been randomly selected by Asset.
View attachment 434

I'm migrating from a 19-year old Turtle Beach Audiotron, which had the ability to navigate to a particular artist, and then I could hit "play" and it would play all albums by that artist.

I put this in the "Troubleshoot Issues" forum, but if there is no current solution, I guess it belongs in the "enhancement request" forum.
QNAP-NAS with Minim-Server, Android HiFi-Cast App, works exactly as described/as you want. I've no experience with Synology.
(Edit: Seen too late that you are looking for a solution/client for iOS)

Last edited:
I looked at Minimserver briefly before settling on Asset. To be honest, it was because I was more familiar with Asset, and Minimserver (quite frankly) looks a bit wonky to get installed and running. But maybe I’ll give it another look.

I’m in the Apple world for phone and tablet control of the Wiim, so Android solutions really aren’t an answer.

Thanks for the nudge on Minimserver.

I looked at Minimserver briefly before settling on Asset. To be honest, it was because I was more familiar with Asset, and Minimserver (quite frankly) looks a bit wonky to get installed and running. But maybe I’ll give it another look.

I’m in the Apple world for phone and tablet control of the Wiim, so Android solutions really aren’t an answer.

Thanks for the nudge on Minimserver.
Yes, I overread that. Unfortunately regarding app-availability two different worlds...

I looked at that because of the many mentions. But it doesn’t run on Synology DSM 7, which I need, and the client doesn't run on iOS, which I need. So kind of a non-starter!
I did mean just the client, but yes, it's not on ios!
I believe mconnect runs on ios, but I've not tried it, so don't know if it does shuffle play of an artist, pick random albums/tracks etc like bubble does.
Maybe you need to come over to the light side...

View attachment 431

View attachment 433

View attachment 434

You can do all of this if using LMS instead of Asset. Whether you can install LMS on your Synology depends on whether the Synology supports Docker or not.

This screenshot (Material skin) is the result of navigating to a particular artist. If I were to hit 1. then the five albums as shown would immediately play in the order given. 2. would add the five albums to the existing queue and play after what is currently playing. 3. does what it says on the tin.

The WiiM can be used as an LMS endpoint in conjunction with the UPnP/DLNA Bridge.

1678100225289.png

Back