Problem with DLNA ad Synology NAS (Home Music Share)

Max69

Hello, I have a problem with my Wiim Mini.
All my music is stored on a Synology NAS and streamed via Media Server (DLNA).
But the mini can't find my NAS, more precisely it finds it 1 time out of 10, the other 9 times it keeps searching indefinitely.
Therefore the Home Music Share section shows nothing.
No problem with the CCA or DS Audio APP (to CCA or from smartphone).
My wifi network is unique (I have only 1 wifi network) and it automatically switches to 5 or 2.4 GHz.

Thanks for your help

So you have 2 "networks" with the same SSID in fact. I would force usage of single frequency temporarily to check if it helps.

Is your NAS set to Wake on Lan as that could be an issue if it is.

If the issue persists you could try an alternative DLNA server on the Synology - there are packages for Emby, Mimim and Plaex available.

Unfortunately I can't fix it.
I split the wifi but to no avail.
I used 5GHz and then 2.4GHz.
I installed plex DLNA but it is not seen either.
All my DLNA devices in my house work fine, except the Wiim.

Check the WiFi settings in your router. You don’t have “client isolation” or anything like that do you?

It's not the Mini trying to find your DLNA server, it's the WiiM Home application. What device do you have it installed on?

Regarding Mini itself, can you find it as DLNA device in DS Audio app on the NAS?

Yes, Synology DS Audio and works perfectly on both device
Synology app can connect to the Synology service on the NAS using different method than DLNA. Can you try with DLNA client / control point as BubbleUPnP for example?
And, regarding Mini itself, can you find it as DLNA device in DS Audio app on the NAS?

Synology app can connect to the Synology service on the NAS using different method than DLNA. Can you try with DLNA client / control point as BubbleUPnP for example?
And, regarding Mini itself, can you find it as DLNA device in DS Audio app on the NAS?
BubbleUPnP works perfectly

Back